What's new

Fixed my yellow/faded headlights

Adam

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I had some pretty bad spiderweb cracks in this headlight so I had to remove a decent amount of material to get rid of them. I started out wet-sanding with 800 grit, 1000 grit and finished with 1500 grit. After everything was sanded smooth, I used a Novus 3-step plastic polishing kit ($11.95 shipped from Spa Depot).

I recommend you use a LOW speed drill. If yo do this by hand, it could take several hours. If you use a drill, it will take minutes. If you decide to use any type of machine to do this, be careful… plastic is very sensitive to being over-heated. I only did the passenger side headlight, the driver’s side was replaced not long before I bought the car due to the previous owner having an accident. I will probably pull the driver’s side light next weekend and hit it with the Novus polish.

100_0983-vi.jpg

100_1022-vi.jpg

Fffuuuu I need to do this as well...

So what did you do, take sand paper then just polish it?

Just wetsand them with 800 then 1000 then 1500 grit in the same direction. Get a foam pad made from buffing and any auto parts store and use plastic buffing compound or rubbing compound with a drill on LOW speed.

Those headlights r horrible with the haze. I gotta do that with my mother camry. Its worse than what urs were.

941le said:
Those headlights r horrible with the haze. I gotta do that with my mother camry. Its worse than what urs were.

Your definitely going to need to use a drill than, if the haze is really bad I might even recommend going down to 600 grit paper. If the headlights are hazed on the inside, this method isn't going to do anything though. Make sure they aren't before you start.

I've heard about this method, I'll have to check it out, I think the lights on our car could use some cleaning.

I've heard about this method, I'll have to check it out, I think the lights on our car could use some cleaning.

A good excuse not to do it is that the rain will was all the muck off lol.

I have never seen this before. I am actually in awe in how they came out. I wanted to change mine out to HID's since they are kinda like this and the lenes are almost the same price. Screw that now I will try this out! ...maybe lol

Back