What's new

For Sale: Out-of-print title - CD Motown CD+G Set

Sounds To Go

Establishing Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, not a Karaoke Jock, so I don't know where these guys rank in quality, but they seem pretty nice from the outside:)

Got this box set when it first came out/I just started up, and I have never even played but one of them one time just to listen. Still in original box, cd-s in mint condition. It's from the original Motown masters - no covers or remakes/mixes.

It is a limited edition set, and is no longer in avail from manufacturer. Tried looking on EBay to see what I could get for it, but info on the set, as well as copies of it for sale seem to be very hard to find.

Here's a link to the info on the set, with track listings. Takes a minute to load, but all info is there - promise!

http://www.buy.com/prod/motown-master-recordings-limited-edition/q/loc/109/60621781.html

The only ones I could find for sale anywhere were two used sets through Amazon, only one of which appears to be as pristine as mine (ie not used):

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001FZG94/sr=8-1/qid=1252811411/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1252811411&sr=8-1&seller="]Amazon.com: Motown Original Artist Karaoke Collector's Set (6 CD set): Karaoke, Various Artists: Music[/ame]

If anyone might be interested in it, or might be able to help me find more info about it so I can decide what to price it for sale, please let me know.

Please PM me if interested in purchasing - all other info re: pricing, availability of other sets on market with comparative pricing, etc can be left here in thread. Obviously a lot of you may know of some better sources for oddball karaoke items - maybe even a better place to list it for sale? :)

Thanks!

Sounds I would say a reasonable price (based on the Anmazon price) would be $250 to $300.

Do you have a title listing for them?

I've seen some of the individual discs go for $15 - $20 new here and there....

Yeah, I've seen some online too. Havent compared track listings though, but if they are the same content, at least the packaging/cover is different. At $15-$20/pc That would come out to just a bit more than I paid for the set originally.

So the question then becomes what is the market able/willing to pay for the "Limited Edition" aspect of it with the packaging and whatnot.

I'd like to find some other sources for comparing prices, cause I don't know what, if anything, the used Amazon pricing is based on.

I don't want to overcharge anyone or take advantage of any situation, but if they are legitimately going in that price range, I also don't want to sell myself short.

I was just hoping maybe someone might be able to help me find some kind of comparative pricing elsewhere to help me make that determination. Granted... Only someone who is interested would likely be inclined to undertake such an endeavor.:sqlaugh:

You will most likely get the most for them on ebay if you take good pics and describe them well. Stuff can get bid way up on ebay.

Two songs that I didn't see on the singing machine track listing that I would want/need are "I Wish It Would Rain" and "Just My Imagination".

I would love to have a collection like this that has the most popular Temptations songs with the original studio recorded tracks and all the other tracks from those great artists too. I love this era and my audiences do too.

I'd love to get some original studio tracks from Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, B.B. King and some other blues greats from that era too. I'm looking to add a bunch of blues songs to my shows.

I found the main page at Acekaraoke for all three disc packs it's a total of 13 discs and they are all the original artist recordings. The total without shipping for all three packs is $95.

Sounds I would say a reasonable price (based on the Anmazon price) would be $250 to $300.

Do you have a title listing for them?

For 6 CDs? $120 - $140 TOPS! Even that would be because of lack of availability. The Original Artists tracks ARE high quality , however, which puts them way above most of the othe SM tracks.

Back