What's new

Fracking FHA!

Hope this goes well today..... Here's cheers for the cleaning crew:

:balloons: :29: :29: :29: :29: :29: :29: :29: :29: :29: :29:

So there is more peeling paint than I remembered. This will probably take all weekend. **** FHA!

Okay so we are in the process of buying our first house, we currently have an offer in on a short sale....we have been approved for a FHA loan....based upon what I have read in this post, can I assume I am going to be having to fix things before I actually sign papers & close? I feel like we haven't been getting a lot of info/direction regarding this so thanks in advance .

Never mind...I figured it all out after asking a lot of questions. Thanks though for getting me "thinking".

Okay so we are in the process of buying our first house, we currently have an offer in on a short sale....we have been approved for a FHA loan....based upon what I have read in this post, can I assume I am going to be having to fix things before I actually sign papers & close? I feel like we haven't been getting a lot of info/direction regarding this so thanks in advance .

Never mind...I figured it all out after asking a lot of questions. Thanks though for getting me "thinking".

Glad you did. FHA can be great, low down payment, awesome interest rate but they also do a more in depth appraisal where they verify the property meets HUD minimum standards. There are certain things they make you fix. Peeling paint on the exterior in houses built before 1978 must be fixed. My house was built in 1865. Most things they will let you do later. They used to be really crazy. This is the only thing we have to fix but it's a large old house and there is a lot of peeling paint so it is a major pain for us.

Good luck. This is the only real issue we have had, but it is a big pain.

The house is in Elgin. If anyone wants to come by, PM me for the addy. I would welcome any help. Thanks to anyone who has offered to even consider it. That is why I love this place so much.

You really don't want people like me to show up, and ask to use the restroom...

You really don't want people like me to show up, and ask to use the restroom...

I know better. If you do, I will get out the roll of plastic sheeting and TONproof my bathroom. Although I might take the risk just to meet you.

Back