What's new

Future for Tebow?

tmd17

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I'm a big Tebow fan, not only because of his athletic talent but also because of his character!

What do you guys think his future is with the Broncos? Will he have a better season next year? Will the broncos draft another QB to contend with him?

I'm not entirely sure the future looks bright for Tim Tebow. I'm a big fan of his playing style, I love the way he deals with his haters. Let's be real though, his throwing skills are atrocious and teams such as the Patriots began to learn how to deal with him defensively as the season progressed. Unless he can miraculously change the cards he's been dealt, I think Tebow will be out of a starting job very soon.

Yeah I read somewhere on ESPN that he is working hard during the offseason with QB coaches to improve his throwing motion. The one thing he needs to work on is how to stay strong in the pocket. Whenever he gets pressured he loses visual contact with his receivers and looks for a hole to run.

I heard the same thing, something along the lines of Tebow and Elway working together this offseason? I think his main problems are as you said his awareness in the pocket and his throwing motion. It's taking way too long for him to set up and actually deliver the ball, sometimes the ball won't even be on target.

His future will be bright once he envtually moves to tight end. I'm sure he can catch the ball and he would make a pretty sick tight end. He's never going to be a top notch quarterback but he's a gamer, a good leader and seems like a good guy.

I'm an englishman with only a passing interest in american football. Is Tebow really that good? Or is the press affording him attention because of his spirituality?

Tebow is overrated, seriously. He was good in college, and he's done better than I expected, but the hype is ridiculous. He gets all the credit for everything his team does, when most of the improvements of the Broncos were on the defensive side. I find his personality extremely irritating as well as his fans. He really throws the ball horribly for an NFL QB and needs to bring that up before even being half as good as his fans seem to think he is - SMH at my friends calling him elite.

I'm an englishman with only a passing interest in american football. Is Tebow really that good? Or is the press affording him attention because of his spirituality?

He brought a 1-4 football team into the 2nd round of playoffs. Although the media did blow him up, his run during the season was unbelievable.

Tebow really isn't that good, his production was higher than it should be because of 3 main factors. One, the quality of the teams he faced wasn't very good outside of a few exceptions (Patriots, Steelers). Two, he benefited from playing with a defense that improved dramatically from the start of the season. Third, teams weren't able to adjust to the option offense that the Broncos ran until later in the season.

He definitely needs to improve a lot, but the guy does come through in the clutch and is capable of making big plays. Have to give him credit for winning ugly.

Teebow is a great fullback. If he can learn to throw he could be a great quarterback.

He brought a 1-4 football team into the 2nd round of playoffs. Although the media did blow him up, his run during the season was unbelievable.

That's the truth. He completely turned a franchise around and was a solid leader and player when nobody thought he would be.

However the media is acting like he saved a baby while turning water into wine, and parting the Colorado River.

Jeremy Lin is like the new Tebow, its finally exciting to watch basketball again!. I hope Tebow and the Bronco's will come back strong next year and make it to the superbowl, they were so close this year :)

I'm a big Tebow fan, not only because of his athletic talent but also because of his character!

What do you guys think his future is with the Broncos? Will he have a better season next year? Will the broncos draft another QB to contend with him?

Considering where the Broncos were before Tebow, and only playing him for the last part of the season. I can see them having a great year. Tebow is always going to play well untill the end of his career because as you said he has great character. He is well grounded which will allow him to focus on training and not all of the other things that get in the way of many talented professionals.

The problem with Tebow is that he is an awful passer. He puts Denver in an awkward position where they are not bad enough to truly get a high draft pick, but are also nowhere near serious contenders. Although their defense is good, they are clearly not in the same echelon as the great teams in the league, as evidenced by their throttling at the hands of NE in the playoffs.

The problem with Tebow is that he is an awful passer. He puts Denver in an awkward position where they are not bad enough to truly get a high draft pick, but are also nowhere near serious contenders. Although their defense is good, they are clearly not in the same echelon as the great teams in the league, as evidenced by their throttling at the hands of NE in the playoffs.

I agree he is not the best passer, but he is a clutch passer. When the heat turns on he can keep up in the fourth quater. And that is really what he is, a fourth quater passer. If he could play the first quater like the fourth then he would probabley be the best passer in the league. A Tom Brady type. Whenever I watch him, he seems to make more 3rd's then he does 1 and 2's.

Anyone who has a criticism of Tebow's character or personality is just looking for a reason to hate the guy. From all accounts he is a good teammate and a proven winner. What is not to like about the guy.

I've always been a Tebow hater. I never thought that he had the type of play to be able to be a successful quarterback in the NFL. I didn't think his accuracy was great in college and I felt that it was a weakness to him as he entered the pros. It has proved to be a weakness, but like the NCAA, Tebow always manages to find a way to win. They should stick with him. He has the heart of a leader.

If he can get his fundamentals down he can be an outstanding player. Countless hours of film watching and passing drills should do the trick. He has the heart but not the natural ability in my opinion.

Back