What's new

Future for Tebow?

He is a great team leader, but I just don't think that his skills are solid enough to warrant him being an NFL starter for much longer. Teams will figure out how to play against him and will dominate him. That is my opinion on the matter at least. All of his running ability will be shut down, just like the "Wildcat" offense has been completely shut down as well. Tebow will not succeed in the long run in the NFL

He is a great team leader, but I just don't think that his skills are solid enough to warrant him being an NFL starter for much longer. Teams will figure out how to play against him and will dominate him. That is my opinion on the matter at least. All of his running ability will be shut down, just like the "Wildcat" offense has been completely shut down as well. Tebow will not succeed in the long run in the NFL

Yes, I totally agree with you. Already in the latter part of the season you could see teams like the Patriots and Chiefs completely shutting down the Bronco's offense. It was no surprise to them that the Broncos were going to try and fit in the option, that's all that they had to defend against.

I agree with this, but I think the Broncos will continue to adapt to the other teams discovering Tebow's plans. If you remember when the Bears played the Broncos, Lance Briggs said the bears were going to dominate the Broncos and him and Urlacher agreed that Tebow wasn't even a real quarterback. While that's a confident statement seeing as Cutler was injured and I'm not sure you could call Hanie a real quarterback, he had a point. The Bears lost though, so whatever the Broncos coach is doing is working.

He definitely needs to improve a lot, but the guy does come through in the clutch and is capable of making big plays. Have to give him credit for winning ugly.

Can't say it any better! He still has a long way to go. However, I have faith in him. With guidance and training he can get better. You can't knock him though. He was a heck of a lucky charm this season. If he brings some better skill with that luck then he can be a force to be reckoned with!

I agree with this, but I think the Broncos will continue to adapt to the other teams discovering Tebow's plans. If you remember when the Bears played the Broncos, Lance Briggs said the bears were going to dominate the Broncos and him and Urlacher agreed that Tebow wasn't even a real quarterback. While that's a confident statement seeing as Cutler was injured and I'm not sure you could call Hanie a real quarterback, he had a point. The Bears lost though, so whatever the Broncos coach is doing is working.

The Broncos only won that game because the Bears literally pulled off "exactly what you don't do" in the last 5 minutes of a game. I'm pretty sure Marion Barber running out of bounds to stop the clock and fumbling the ball in overtime was not called for in the playbook.

The Broncos only won that game because the Bears literally pulled off "exactly what you don't do" in the last 5 minutes of a game. I'm pretty sure Marion Barber running out of bounds to stop the clock and fumbling the ball in overtime was not called for in the playbook.

I don't care how the Broncos won, the Bears were adamant that they would win because they would expose Tebow. They didn't win, and obviously couldn't prevent Tebow's team from winning. Even if Tebow didn't perform well, it's his team. He led the offense.

That's the most flawed argument I've ever heard. "How you win" versus "if you win" is incredibly important. The only reason the Broncos even got the opportunity to win the game was because of one player's mistakes.

I do not think he is a great long term option unless he drastically improves. With a full off season to prepare for the Broncos offense you will see defenses more prepared to deal with the unique style of offense that Denver is running. While he may be able to lead the Broncos to 7 or 8 wins next year they will never be an elite team with him leading them.

You definitely have to give him a chance next year, and see how much he has improved. He doesn't look like he will ever be an elite QB, but if anybody has earned a chance, it is definitely him.

I think Tebow will do fairly well in the next couple of seasons. However, I think his career will be rather short because of the athletic ability needed to play his style of the game. The way he plays makes him much more prone to injury. In a sense, he is like a running back, and they have short average careers in the NFL.

I feel like Tebow will do very well, we'll just have to wait and see.

Interesting that they will bring in someone to compete with him. I would have thought they would say 100% they are behind Tebow. I think he at least deserves the chance to fail at this point.

I think he has a good bit of improving to do. With that being said, as grounded as he is in his faith, I'm sure he has the focus to do what he needs to. In general, though, it seems like most people like him.

I think you have to go into the season with the idea that Tebow is the starter and give him a full year to show progress.. If he can improve his completion percentage by a substantial amount than I think they'll have the QB question answered.

Back