What's new

FX Summer

ski2bfree

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I don't watch a lot of TV, but I'm so psyched for the summer shows on FX. I'm watching Rescue Me right now and, God I love this show! The whole show is insane and I love it! For those of you who haven't been following it, it's about a firefighter named Tommy whose brother (also a firefighter) died in the 9/11 attacks. Tommy's an alcoholic pill-popper who's trying to get his life back on track but everything keeps getting in the way. He hallucinates from alcohol withdrawal and sees Jesus and his brother. He falls into some bizarre love affair with his brother's widower, his wife runs out on him and takes his kids. But somehow there's a dry wit that still brings this show more than enough charm to make up for the morose dysfunctionality.

Then there's the pretty new show It's Always Sunny In Philladelphia, a short show laden with sarcasm and cynicism that's probably funnier than anything I've seen in a long time. Amidst the vomit-inducing crap on TV like American Idol, I rarely see anything that I'm even remotely interested in watching, but I'm finding myself excited about these two shows.

I am annoyed my favorite show, Deadwood, is going to be cancelled after this year's season. :sad2:

I really don't watch FX, but "Always Sunny in Philladelphia" looks fuuny. When summer comes I will be watching the SciFi channel on Friday nights, they will have new episodes of Stargate SG1 and Atlantis on air.

It was really funny last season and it looks pretty good for this season. Danny DeVito's joining the cast, so that should be awesome. If you like dark humor and dry wit, definitely give the show a chance.

I never watched Deadwood, but I like westerns. The last HBO show I followed was 6 Feet Under, but that was cancelled a few years ago.

You are aware that if all of this television viewing continues chances are you all will be looking like this at your next High School re-union:
chipenda.jpg

ANGLOIRISH said:
You are aware that if all of this television viewing continues chances are you all will be looking like this at your next High School re-union:
chipenda.jpg

Uh yea hell no!! If I become that fat and useless I will have to force a diet on myself. Not to mention I would never be caught dead in a spandex outfit. ;)

Rumor has it this picture was taken at a rented cabin after one of Nova's infamous fishing trips! LOL Nova must have been the one taking the picture.

He had to be. He was the only one with connections at the Spandex rental company. HA!HA!

I still find it amusing that ppl post threads and in the end the replies have nothing to do with the main topic. lol.

Now, about Rescue Me... my husband was SO excited when this show was on last year because they cancelled Third Watch *which was AWESOME* and he is a firefighter. I am now addicted and wish it was on every night! It's crazy! It's taken a pretty interesting turn tho. which is just one of the main reasons we love this show!

When you been around for awhile you will see that happens to all threads, no stopping it.

Rescue me is one of the only reasons I still own a TV. That the dsicovery channel, and FX for ultimate fighting

Back