What's new

Game Boy Mirco

i'd say...

the chances are pretty low. after the GB we saw the GB pocket and the GB colour (am i right in thinking we saw the GB pocket colour or is that just me?) and on release of GBA we've seen GBA SP and now GBA micro so the possibility they'll do something completely new is pretty low i'd say.

Well nintendo is known for its "surprises"

yeah

your right there, only these surprises arn't usually in the handheld department but hey, we won't know till we play it.

Correct but what the heck are we suppose to do until fall I know lets party :ptime: :beer: :bloons2:

lucidique said:
Were talking about 2 times the size of a cartridge, and the alture of maybe one or two as well. Were talking really small.

It sure is a novel concept, coming from the Gba line, but look at it this way:

Was the gba ever conceived to be a multimedia device when it came out in 2000-2001? Why should it become so now? One of the many forces of the gameboy advance had been it's ability to help the survival of the 2d scrolling/ rpg games, wich is basically dying has we speak with the release of 3d portable gaming. Most people who buy Gba don't even care about any multimedia feature. This system was intended for games ,that's it.

Does it make sense to release a new model just to bundle it with a play yan, when already ALL other models run the accessory? A screen diameter so small that reading text on it will hurt the eyes? No possibility to run old games from older gameboy (Nintendo is known for backward compatibility)? The gameboy advance sp had a reason of existence, actually many (Rechargable battery,backlit screen and shape that protects the screen from scratchs). But does the Micro comes with any additional feature for gaming?

I voice my opinion negatively on this, not because i don't like Nintendo, i know they are still good and will remain so, but since the DS, it's smells rip-off for the consumers...

It's to save manufacturing costs. Nintendo, Sega, and Sony do this.

When the original Sega Genesis was created, it had a large, pricey motherboard with uneeded extras such as a headphone jack with a corresponding volume slider. The Sega Genesis 2, the square all-black unit, was created four years later, in 1993, to remedy these issues as well as create a more modern looking console. In 1998, the Sega Genesis 3 was designed and manufactured by Majesco and was no bigger than a portable CD player. To be expected, A LOT of things were cut out, like the Zilog Z80 CPU for the sound system, the "sidecar" expansion slot (No Sega CD), 32X support, and the new cheaper video CPU caused the video image to cut out severely when Hyper Sonic did his flash attack in Sonic 3 and Knuckles. I've seen it firsthand and it's quite the annoyance.

Nintendo did the same with a smaller "SNES 2" when the N64 launched, because guess what, it's an older product, and they could lower the costs. By 1998, it was competing with the Genesis 3 for the same $50 price tag, and by late 1998 it was $30 in response to Sega's $30 price drop.

The Sega Master System II was also made in 1990 to make a more affordable unit, and the A/V out port and card slot were dropped.

The PSOne lacked the parallel I/O port, much in the same vein as the Genesis 3, because nothing really popular used it. VERY old model GameSharks (v.2.0 and below) used it as well as import adapters, the latter of which all console manufacturers hate to high hell.

Must you type so Loud I still have a hangover *(Throws empty beer can)*
But I do see where your coming from with this

Light said:
Must you type so Loud I still have a hangover *(Throws empty beer can)*
But I do see where your coming from with this

You mean me?

Well as of now your the only one who's typing so loud *(thorws another empty beer can)*

Light said:
Well as of now your the only one who's typing so loud *(thorws another empty beer can)*

Lol...What kind of beer ya got there?

how much smaller do we need our games? the things like the size of a cel phone and only will make gameplay worse. its not like the other gbas dont fit in your pocket anyway. it is a downgrade from sp in my opinion.

yeah but as i've said many times it's all for style

Yea most of them is all about style. But I'm pretty sure it will fit in my pocket unless you like to wear skin tight leather pants! Even my PSP fits in my pocket(with the screen shield attached of course).

Have they made a retro NES design for the GBM? I got the GBSP NES edtion, I think thats why I bought it even though I already had the GBA. You can't go wrong with Retro NES.

Jamesology said:
Have they made a retro NES design for the GBM? I got the GBSP NES edtion, I think thats why I bought it even though I already had the GBA. You can't go wrong with Retro NES.

Why do people buy stuff based soley on style?

I don't like Honda Civics when riced. Poor performance, and they sound hilarious when "floored."

I also enjoy modded computer cases, but if it's the most stunning case ever made, and has crappy quality and airflow, I won't buy it.

So why are you guys upgrading to a handheld that looks better, but has 75% the functionality?

FYI, the bulky size of my Sega Nomad attracts people like dung attracts flies, and once they know it's a handheld Genesis, they think it is the coolest thing they have ever seen.

Nostalgia said:
Why do people buy stuff based soley on style?

I don't like Honda Civics when riced. Poor performance, and they sound hilarious when "floored."

I also enjoy modded computer cases, but if it's the most stunning case ever made, and has crappy quality and airflow, I won't buy it.

So why are you guys upgrading to a handheld that looks better, but has 75% the functionality?

FYI, the bulky size of my Sega Nomad attracts people like dung attracts flies, and once they know it's a handheld Genesis, they think it is the coolest thing they have ever seen.

I personally hate the Honda Civic, actally I hate all hondas and how ppl think they are racers in a FWD car.
But style has more to it than just looks. I own the PSP b/c of performance and style. I bought the GBSP NES edition b/c I had a choice on either silver black red and so on but I rather get a item that is more distinct to my eye since I was gonna buy one no matter what.
An example would be, take two chics both have great personality. But one is a fat and ugly cow and another looks like she came from a Victoria secret Magazine. Which one would you go for if you had a choice? Most probably the hot one. That is what I did with the GBSP, I bought the better looking one since I was gonna buy one no matter what. Also, I am pretty sure when you buy some of your games, that you look at the back for screenshots and base it if it looks good.
Never buy a Honda to show off.

sure james sure :rolleyes:
:punch: :punch: :punch: :punch: :punch:

Back