Gaming makes us lazy

fords8

Hanging Out!
Peak Director
Peak Mediator
Mountaineers
PF Member
Reaction score
So how many gamers out there believe that Gaming upto some extent make us a lazy bum.

I believe. I spend most of the time playing Counterstrike, and if my dad calls for any work i am so lazy to move from my place to do it.

On my part, thats affronting... and I don't think so... if anything, gaming's a passion for some and they can even make cash out of playing.

Gaming doesn't really make you lazy, if you put it towards something productive, at least.

Can't say much, for people who play MMORPGs, though.

Hmm, i think i had a wrong perception over gaming

Being born a gamer I can concur with this, I am extremely lazy, and games are some what to blame. Though games have some good effect. They are a Cardiovascular work out if you are playing a first person shooter, scary games, or anything that gets your blood pumping.

I was reading that people that game tend to slouch in the chair which puts pressure on your lungs and causes respiratory issues. Any thoughts?

I have seen quite a few arguments that said actually gaming helps us develop our brain and reaction times ect.

At Pivetor, I believe you're in the wrong. I think sporting games can make us less fat and etc...

Lazy? Depends on what games you played.

I usually play games that make me stand so I can focus better, I play games that make me think and I play games that get me angry and make me work harder to beat it.

It just depends on what you play.

Nicely said Demon, it all depends upon the game we choose.

Really i don't think so..we make ourselves lazy and put the blame on something..

Gamers nowdays are really lazy because of the game + gadgets

I'm a lazy person too, so now i try to reduce my time for playing games and do something else instead like hanging out, etc :D

Charge your phone with Urine

Well I was doing my usual news search for the day and stumbled across a rather strange article relating to charging your mobile phone with your urine. Yucky.

They managed to get enough power out of it to send some text messages, browse the net and make a phone call. It sounds cool but just..seems wrong to me, haha.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07/16/charge-phone-urine_n_3605142.html?

What do you think? Is it the future or is it a gimmick?

Lol, you would have to pay me quite a bit in order for me to piss on my phone. I don't have insurance. :p

Wow. No. I would never ever (EVER) do that...ever. Just think of the germs. Yuck.

I carry me cell phone often in our OR's....I can't have that sort of contamination.

Back