What's new

GEM series gets some competition from Charbuster...

cool wonder if we will be able to use this......15 grand would be hard to swallow tho

While I've heard that CB was considering this, the actual release is new to me as well. I'm hoping that the use of the cards might also be a sign that they found a way to copyright protect ( software-wise) the media. I'm just too much of a Luddite to figure out how they would do that if the files were designed to be copied ( though to the owners' PC).

well it would be a long while before i would be able to afford this, but i find it interesting that charbuster seems to be able to get licensing that soundchoice can't *only 2 media cards vs hundreds of discs*.

Altho two cards suggests a lower bit rate. Well i guess if it was 192 or higher i could live with it, but if its 128 I wouldn't bother no matter how good the song list is.

Right now i'm having trouble importing the song list into my open office program. It imports fine but for some reason it will only print the first column, no matter what I seem to do.

-James

I believe that Chartbuster stated on another board that the songs were ripped at 256.

I just think that while a good idea they are just a bit over priced, seeing how you can get the Essential 450 sets 1-10 (4500 songs) for less than 2 grand. Why not spend a little time and rip them yourself at 320 and use the extra 3 grand for newer titles that are requested by your singers?

KarenB said:
I believe that Chartbuster stated on another board that the songs were ripped at 256.

I just think that while a good idea they are just a bit over priced, seeing how you can get the Essential 450 sets 1-10 (4500 songs) for less than 2 grand. Why not spend a little time and rip them yourself at 320 and use the extra 3 grand for newer titles that are requested by your singers?

My thoughts exactly. Maybe this is CB's "settlement package"?

I think i heard Charbuster isn't even going to offer a settlement so probably not, although i would imagine it would be worth the money to have both this set and the gem series, That would be a GREAT way to start a second rig or even start a main rig

Back