What's new

Gilbert Arenas back to NBA?

Mr.Clutch

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-tracker-latest-updates-for-free-agent-guard

Who would benefir from a fit Arenas the most??

F
ormer All-Star Gilbert Arenas is ready to come back to the NBA. Prior to the start of this season, the Magic flexed their amnesty clause and cut Arenas loose.

Prior to the All-Star break, Arenas had a workout for the Los Angeles Lakers. Nothing has come out of that workout, but Arenas admits he was not yet ready to come back at that time.

Arenas talked about that with SI.com, and Sam Amick quotes him here:

So where did you leave things with the Lakers after your workout?

Arenas: That was kind of weird, the situation. I was actually training in New York, and my agent, Dan Fegan, told me to come out and work out for the Lakers. My whole thing is, I don't want to play for anybody until I'm finished rehabbing and finished doing what I need to do, so that's not going to happen until at least All-Star break. So I decided, Well, I'll just go out there and work out.

Well, it is now after the All-Star break and there is reason to believe Arenas is in shape and ready to go.

There is a video as well on http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-tracker-latest-updates-for-free-agent-guard

The Lakers could definitely use him. They really need some help with a huge lack of talent behind Kobe, Gasol and Bynum.

Maybe Arena's can start all over again. He didn't play good in Orlando. He should do something before his careers goes down.

From only a professional standpoint I think the Lakers would benefit most from him because they need the help.

Knowing what I know about his personal life LA could be beneficial or a disaster but I do hope this guy finds his way back into the NBA. He didn't play too well for the Magic but I didn't get the feeling that he lost his spark completely either. He just needs a fresh start.

Personal matters and behaviors ruined his great career. Hope he will be motivated with the Lakers again.

I have yet to see anything come out of this. On paper he would be a good addition as he would add the needed scoring the lakers are without. Anyone have more info?

I posted a great interview he did on here somewhere. Really seems like he's got his head straight now to hopefully make a comeback. He's likely not going to be a star again, but can definitely help a team with his scoring ability.

The only thing i can see going awry is if Gilbert gets back to his ball-hogging self and tries to take shots away from Kobe. This has the potential to happen, but i know its not likely

he can really make a good comeback, it should be fun to watch.

For some reason I do not see him fitting in the Lakers zone. Arenas is too pride for that, since Kobe is the man in LAL. They are not like D Wade and LBJ, quick unselfish and modern players.

Maybe the bucks or Washington will take him who knows :) I hope he is fit for the NBA again :)

Nobody would benefit from Arenas on their team. With all the problems he brings, it wouldn't be worth it for any team to pick him up, unless it was really cheap. Some team in need of a flashy point guard would benefit from him, such as the Bobcats.

Nobody would benefit from Arenas on their team. With all the problems he brings, it wouldn't be worth it for any team to pick him up, unless it was really cheap. Some team in need of a flashy point guard would benefit from him, such as the Bobcats.

I think I would be an improvement for the Bobcats team!

Jordan - best player ever, worst GM ever ;)

I actually think Arenas would come back to the NBA for cheap. He did have some major contracts before his off-court troubles, and he could very well be over that. Judging from these reports, I don't think he's the type of guy to turn down an opportunity to start all over again.

I actually think Arenas would come back to the NBA for cheap. He did have some major contracts before his off-court troubles, and he could very well be over that. Judging from these reports, I don't think he's the type of guy to turn down an opportunity to start all over again.

Me too, on a struggling team he will be a very sensible risk. Nothing to lose.

He's signing for the Minimum wherever he goes, so it would be cheap. It's low risk and potentially high reward. If he doesn't fit in, you can just release him with not much harm done. Don't see where he fits in with the Bobcats who already have Kemba Walker and DJ Augustin at PG.

I've been hearing Arenas's name floating around for awhile. I think he'll sign with the Lakers, he would be a nice fit to a team that needs some depth for the playoffs.

Back