What's new

Golden Rules of Karaoke

KaraokeHo

Emerging Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I read this on another forum and it was titled "What KJs know that DJs don't" and it had more "thanks" nods than any other post I'd ever seen. It really makes a lot of sense:

- When you're doing DJ work, you're creating a music and dance environment that people want to get lost in, have a few drinks and forget the entire work week that preceeded. The more music, lights, and no stopping and people will love you. That's usually what attracts people to DJ work. It's the love people have for what you do for them. A lot of DJs entire ego is based around how well they impress their audience, and that's perfectly ok.

- What sets karaoke apart by a mile is that fundemental thinking that you're the center of the show. In fact, that is the entire difference between DJ work and running a karaoke show.

- In karaoke, the singers want to be the center of the show for those few minutes they're up on stage.

- In most karaoke bars (at least the good ones), the majority of people sitting out there are there in anticipation of singing.

- the occassional dance song (no more than once an hour if there's a decent rotation) is just fine and usually acts as a great ice breaker for all the anticipation out there in the crowd.

- Any other music other than dance (if it has vocals), is nothing more than a reminder to all listening what its "supposed to sound like". Its a subtle psychological thing, but people who are coming to the show to be the star for their 5 minutes don't even need to hear something that sets the bar higher.

- The people who come to karaoke shows are generally much more down to earth folks, who although like the people who go dancing, like to use karaoke as their weekly "escape", but I've noticed that they do like to talk more amongst themselves. There's the talk about how good each singer is. There's the talking to the last singer and patting them on the back (if they deserve it). There's more social interaction than the usual guys trying to get laid and the girls trying to be "lay worthy" and all the silly little games that go with that. With that in mind, during a DJ show, a constant high volume of music expected. During a karaoke show however, the breaks between singers should NOT be filled with more high volume music as a filler. The best shows actually have nothing playing between singers, and for good reason. It gives people a minute or so to absord the last singers performance, and it also acts like a glass of water between courses of a good dinner. Each song has a different "mood", and you can't simply slam one right after another. Remember, in karaoke, people singing want to be paid attention to and its your job to put the crowds attention on the singer. The entire crowd is not in a dance coma and their attention IS supposed to be focused in one direction.

- After a person has sung, its not good for the KJ to comment on the singers performance. Many new KJs make this mistake. Obviously you're not going to tell people when they suck, so you simply end up looking like a Paula Abdul who can't say a bad thing about anyone. Let the crowd do the talking with their applause (or lack thereof). You have to stay neutral. Remember who the attention is supposed to be on.

- If you must play songs between singers, make them at a noticably lower volume. You need to establish the difference between when the crowd is supposed to pay attention and when they're not. This is very important. Likewise, and this is also very important (and this is where a lot of DJs make their biggest mistake), is to not to create a "show" between singers. No flashing lights, no videos playing on screens, and most importantly, shut up. If the bar requests you mention the specials once an hour, so be it, but just remember who the attention is supposed to be on. THE HIGHER PERCENTAGE OF TIME PAID TO AND FOCUSED ON SINGERS WILL MAKE SINGERS WANT TO COME BACK!!! Singers are who you want to attract, period.

- Sound is much more important in a karaoke show. In a dance club, the people are trying to get "lost" in the music, and when they do, the ability for your tweeters to hit the highest end of your EQ band doesn't mean squat to them. Yes, the occasional audiophile may enter the establishment and compliment you if your sound system is in peak audio condition, but lets face it, as long as its loud, you've kept over 95% of your audience. Karaoke is a whole different ball game. People are MUCH more focused on what they're hearing. Singers almost always flock to the places where they sound the best.

- If you rank in the top 10% of singers (vocally), you shouldn't be singing in the rotation. In fact, you shouldn't be a KJ if your livelyhood depends on it if that's the reason you got into it, because you're not going to make a great living by intimidating people. You are the KJ, and everyone there knows it, and, if you can also outsing them, well, you've just been a bit too dominating. Although even good singers expect to hear someone better than themselves here and there, they're surely not going to be comfortable coming every week if they know that same person will be in EVERY rotation, AND is the KJ!

...SO, in a nutshell, if you're a DJ about to get into karaoke, and if you have a good ear for sound, and you think you can TRULY run a show that isn't centered around you, you just might make it.

Great Post......with one exception. The Karaoke host should not act neutrally. If someone is...less talented, then the host should say something to the effect of how so and so sang their heart out for you! Put your hands together for.... Why? The job is to make EVERYONE feel like a star! Anyone with the courage to get up and sing- no matter what their talent level- should be applauded for their courage, if nothing else. ALWAYS help your singers to feel good about themselves....

Great Post......with one exception. The Karaoke host should not act neutrally. If someone is...less talented, then the host should say something to the effect of how so and so sang their heart out for you! Put your hands together for.... Why? The job is to make EVERYONE feel like a star! Anyone with the courage to get up and sing- no matter what their talent level- should be applauded for their courage, if nothing else. ALWAYS help your singers to feel good about themselves....

Its funny you said that. So did someone on the other forum and the response was exactly this.....

I just think it makes you sound like the announcer at the special olympics. "You're ALL special". Either that, or you're the only person in the room who can't tell the difference between the performances. Personally, I like to look a bit more professional than that. People can tell when you're lying, and what you're doing is nothing short of that. I know you think is makes you look like a "nice" person by complimenting everyone, but the fact remains that it also makes you look dishonest. You're the KJ and you're supposed to have the best ear in the room. If you appear to look like you can't tell the difference between a good singer and a bad one, what does that say?

Let the crowd be the feedback. Its honest, and it keeps you neutral, and if your voice comes on the mic immediately after every performance, you're breaking the golden rule of keeping the attention on the singers. The few moments right after the song is over is usually the part that experienced singers look forward to the most! Don't you get that? They're NOT looking forward to the "broken record" segment of the show where the KJ says the same thing after every performance.

Its funny you said that. So did someone on the other forum and the response was exactly this.....

I just think it makes you sound like the announcer at the special olympics. "You're ALL special". Either that, or you're the only person in the room who can't tell the difference between the performances. Personally, I like to look a bit more professional than that. People can tell when you're lying, and what you're doing is nothing short of that. I know you think is makes you look like a "nice" person by complimenting everyone, but the fact remains that it also makes you look dishonest. You're the KJ and you're supposed to have the best ear in the room. If you appear to look like you can't tell the difference between a good singer and a bad one, what does that say?

Let the crowd be the feedback. Its honest, and it keeps you neutral, and if your voice comes on the mic immediately after every performance, you're breaking the golden rule of keeping the attention on the singers. The few moments right after the song is over is usually the part that experienced singers look forward to the most! Don't you get that? They're NOT looking forward to the "broken record" segment of the show where the KJ says the same thing after every performance.

To which I would have to respond:

What are YOU running a karaoke show or a talent show?

If you are running a typical bar or club karaoke nite your response is BS, period. If you don't encourage even the bad singers you are going to start to lose singers and if you start to lose singers the bar starts to lose money and if the bar starts to lose money you lose your job.

If you are running a talent show or an Idol type of karaoke event then there is a difference. Still it is karaoke and encouragement even if it is simply thanking the singer for their effort bad or good it's not lying.

Bottom line who ever posted that is a pompous ****.

I think the gist of that thought is to simply not be so quick to crack the mic after a singer has finished...let them bask in the applause. However, be aware that you may need to jump in and "encourage" the crowd. It's a simple entertainment rule that applies to KJs and MCs...for instance, after the first dance at a wedding, the crowd will usually start clapping on their own. Why then ruin the moment by opening your mouth and asking everybody to "put your hands together for our lovely couple" (or whatever) when they are already clapping? Let them have the moment. Timing is everything.

I think the gist of that thought is to simply not be so quick to crack the mic after a singer has finished...let them bask in the applause. However, be aware that you may need to jump in and "encourage" the crowd. It's a simple entertainment rule that applies to KJs and MCs...for instance, after the first dance at a wedding, the crowd will usually start clapping on their own. Why then ruin the moment by opening your mouth and asking everybody to "put your hands together for our lovely couple" (or whatever) when they are already clapping? Let them have the moment. Timing is everything.

Much better put. Thank you. That's exactly the point I was trying to make. Obviously if the performance was so bad that the crowd is completely silent, the KJ does need to say something to save the poor soul's ego.

If I can just jump in for a sec...........I'm probably one of the oldest guys
on the forum - 62 - (but still think I'm 32..)

I think you can say something nice about every person who gets up to
sing - good or bad - and you don't have to fake it............. Something
like "Hey Jimmy - good song - Thank You...." (maybe he did a lousy
job, but by saying good song - you responded in a positive fashion..)

I think the following thought is so simple and yet so right - A quote
from Mary Kay Ash - the founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics:

I have learned to imagine an invisible sign around
each person’s neck that says, ‘Make me feel important!’

We can do this with as little as our body language - a smile - and paying
attention to the person while they do their song - simply giving them
recognition - Ignoring a guest is the worst thing we can do as a host.....

I think it can be boiled down to a simply as being sincere, enthusiastic - and making
everybody in the room feel important........through our words - or just
congenial and sincere eye contact - It's not rocket science.......

In regards to music between singers - I think that is a situational thing that
can vary from venue to venue and event to event (corporates).... I use music
between singers to give the room a little bounce - happiness - not to over-
shadow or upstage the singers..........and in many cases it helps them get into
a happy attitude on the way to the microphone......... I just picked about
300 of the best songs from my top 1000 DJ songs and put the i-tunes player
on computer on shuffle.........works great...... I don't run them obnoxiously
loud - keep the mids down a bit......and my people seem to love them.... Very
important to have the filler music faded down professionally by the time the first
note of the karaoke songs comes in.........and careful to fade it back up smoothly
after the singer and his song are finished....Do the audio as professionally as you
are able......every time !

Just my 2 cents worth - works for me - and has for quite a few years..........

Sorry, but a good host is NOT in the judging business. We are in the "feelgood" business. Also, if you noticed in my example, I didn't lie. I said "so and so sang their heart out for you, let's show some appreciation" I never said they were good.

As a matter of fact, I make it a point never to comment on the quality one way or the other. I am going for crowd reaction for the singer. I don't do contests, and I don't cater to divas. I just make sure my singers ( who make it possible for me to get PAID) have a great time.

I also hate the "broken record" bit, and stay fresh and inventive. Part of doing a job I take pride in.

I have to disagree on a few of those....

Not counting my DJ work, I make well over $160K a year running Karaoke. I have 24 shows a week going, and have not lost a single show in 10 years. I've had bars close, or burn down, but to date, no bar has ever let us go... The average Kj in town is charging $150 to $175 and using pirated karaoke. We charge $225 to $275, and my bars wouldn't let me go if you came in for free.....

That being said, I can pretty much take any karaoke show in town from any other KJ, because of our reputation alone.

I have my own set of golden rules that are oriented towards a profitable business, and longevity with a customer.

#1. You're not homeless... Don't accept, or ask for tips.. A tip jar is for beggars... Charge a fair rate, and quit pan handling in the bar. You look like a schlep, and the servers and bartenders hate you for it.. trust me... If someone forces a tip on me, I hand it to the next server to walk by... Singing is free... a tip jar is a major put off for customers and staff. For god's sake, just cut it out.

#2. Buy your **** karaoke... nothing advertises pirate like "we've got over 30,000 songs" Dudes... are we really supposed to believe that the guy who's using those beat assed speakers, crappy mics, and driving an 86' chevette, went out and dropped almost $50,000.00 on Karaoke discs? Come on now.. If you're running Karaoke with pirated music, you're an ****, and though no one will probably ever do anything about it, you are the scum of the earth, and I hope you lose every show you have. I didn't invest my 401K into the entire soundchoice spotlight series front to back to compete with some ****bag doing karaoke sows for $75 and a pitcher of beer.

#3. If you care about your show, and your income, don't cater to karaoke divas... they don't drink, or spend any money. Send them away... running off the karaoke freeloaders is the single best thing you can do for your business. The bars don't make money with tables full of non drinkers and wannabe stars sitting there. If they're deadbeats, I don't care how good they are... run them off... they'll eventually get the picture, and go elsewhere, which is better for your pocketbook, and the bar's.

#4. Don't kid yourself.. people don't come to hear you sing! KJ's who sing are annoying.. One or two songs is one thing if it's slow.... The Kj who starts off the show with a sound check song is a hog... let someone else sing... you can't properly listen and adjust sound with a mic in your hand anyway.. If you keep yourself in rotation, be warned... your customers think you're a ****, and probably make fun of you. You don't have to believe me, But I can tell you that I'm one of those people... Let the singers sing.. you're not there to be an entertainer... your job is to let the customers have fun.

#5. Dead Air Kills! I get hired for most of my gigs because the bars like the energy. Not everyone in the bar is there to sing... a smidge of good music in between offsets the cacophonous singing, and makes things bearable for the staff and other patrons. Quiet time between singers might work in podunk alaska, but in Atlanta, it gets you fired.

#6. No one owns songs... don't allow singers to claim songs.. I take one song at a time to keep those idiots who want to lay claim to this month's 5 hottest new songs... you get one at a time... choose wisely... you wanna' sing Taylor Swift's "our song" cool, but you're not also hemming up before he cheats.. someone else will be singing that... And a KJ who sings a popular song is a butthead... let the customers have it.

#7. Encourage your singers to pick a different song... Nothing pisses the staff off like having to listen to the same guy do the same song every single week... Signature song my ****... I swear, some people only do 2 songs, and sing them in 5 different bars a week. make them shake it up a bit.... repetition makes your show look stale.... and makes me look even more attractive (even though I'm $75 more a night.)

#8. Get rid of that big ugly TV stand.... they look so cheezy... Mount your monitor to a low floor stand, or patch into house TV's... singers want to be on stage, not hidden behind a big ghetto looking 1989 karaoke TV stand.

#9. Electronic song books de-personalize your show... take your songs from each person in person... don't be lazy.

#10. don't be a whiney beyotch about time... I do a show from X till Closing... doing a set 3 hour show then leaving on the money is lame. Stay longer than you have to if the bar will allow and if there are singers waiting... On a slow night, you can throw it in their face when they try to talk you down... Give a little extra, and you'll make yourself more valuable...

#11. Brush your teeth, shower, and clean your mics regularly (once a week) You shouldn't have to tell an adult not to stink, but after going to the Atlantic city show, I guess that I just take proper hygiene for granted... If you smoke and drink coffee, and eat garlic and **** sandwiches all day, don't get in everyone's face without some gum or mints or something... bad breath once can turn someone off forever.

#12 Avoid contests.. they suck, they attract transient wannabes who come to try to win, then disappear into the sunset. if you want to build a strong customer base, don't piss them off by having a contest.. anyone who doesn't win will think it was fixed, or that you play favorites... anyone who enters a contest deep down thinks they're the best... invalidating that feeling alienates customers.

I don't know , that stuff posted in the above list sounds like someone in a small town karaoke bar wrote it... obviously some very opinionated small timer. Like I said, that might work in Potato Spud, Idaho Population 24, but around here, you wouldn't last a week running that way... If it's a hobby, run it any way you want.. if it's a business, treat it like one....

I have to disagree on a few of those....

Not counting my DJ work, I make well over $160K a year running Karaoke. I have 24 shows a week going, and have not lost a single show in 10 years. I've had bars close, or burn down, but to date, no bar has ever let us go... The average Kj in town is charging $150 to $175 and using pirated karaoke. We charge $225 to $275, and my bars wouldn't let me go if you came in for free.....

We have them doing shows for $50 to $100 and I still get $250 per show.

That being said, I can pretty much take any karaoke show in town from any other KJ, because of our reputation alone.

I have my own set of golden rules that are oriented towards a profitable business, and longevity with a customer.

#1. You're not homeless... Don't accept, or ask for tips.. A tip jar is for beggars... Charge a fair rate, and quit pan handling in the bar. You look like a schlep, and the servers and bartenders hate you for it.. trust me... If someone forces a tip on me, I hand it to the next server to walk by... Singing is free... a tip jar is a major put off for customers and staff. For god's sake, just cut it out.

****! I have said that for years! I don't run as many shows as Steve (I don't have that many systems, but I have only lost one show to a cheaper KJ and they have asked me to come back several times.

#2. Buy your **** karaoke... nothing advertises pirate like "we've got over 30,000 songs" Dudes... are we really supposed to believe that the guy who's using those beat assed speakers, crappy mics, and driving an 86' chevette, went out and dropped almost $50,000.00 on Karaoke discs? Come on now.. If you're running Karaoke with pirated music, you're an ****, and though no one will probably ever do anything about it, you are the scum of the earth, and I hope you lose every show you have. I didn't invest my 401K into the entire soundchoice spotlight series front to back to compete with some ****bag doing karaoke sows for $75 and a pitcher of beer.

Here here! but I have owned those beat **** speakers for going on 30 years, instead of replacing perfectly good speakers I have been investing in karaoke disc, I started out with 15 Pioneer Laser disc (because that's all that were available and I ended up owning every single Pioneer laser ever produced as long as it wasn't a repeat of what I already had, I owned and still have 100 Pioneer laser disc and sold a complete set years ago. I also purchased every single SC release including the Latin disc along with every single Pioneer CDG, Chartbuster (90%), DM, NT, BS, SF, PHM (in every genre) since their release and many other off the wall CDGs that had something on it that I wanted or needed. Sufice it to say I have more than the 30,000 songs you disparage. Plus many of these disc were purchased multiple times for 4 systems.

#3. If you care about your show, and your income, don't cater to karaoke divas... they don't drink, or spend any money. Send them away... running off the karaoke freeloaders is the single best thing you can do for your business. The bars don't make money with tables full of non drinkers and wannabe stars sitting there. If they're deadbeats, I don't care how good they are... run them off... they'll eventually get the picture, and go elsewhere, which is better for your pocketbook, and the bar's.

Agreed!

#4. Don't kid yourself.. people don't come to hear you sing! KJ's who sing are annoying.. One or two songs is one thing if it's slow.... The Kj who starts off the show with a sound check song is a hog... let someone else sing... you can't properly listen and adjust sound with a mic in your hand anyway.. If you keep yourself in rotation, be warned... your customers think you're a ****, and probably make fun of you. You don't have to believe me, But I can tell you that I'm one of those people... Let the singers sing.. you're not there to be an entertainer... your job is to let the customers have fun.

Again I agree I can go for month after month without ever singing at my own show, if i want to sing that bad in public I go to someone elses show as a patron.

#5. Dead Air Kills! I get hired for most of my gigs because the bars like the energy. Not everyone in the bar is there to sing... a smidge of good music in between offsets the cacophonous singing, and makes things bearable for the staff and other patrons. Quiet time between singers might work in podunk alaska, but in Atlanta, it gets you fired.

I disagree with you here, if you run the show fast enough there never has to be dead air and you don't need to "fill time".

#6. No one owns songs... don't allow singers to claim songs.. I take one song at a time to keep those idiots who want to lay claim to this month's 5 hottest new songs... you get one at a time... choose wisely... you wanna' sing Taylor Swift's "our song" cool, but you're not also hemming up before he cheats.. someone else will be singing that... And a KJ who sings a popular song is a butthead... let the customers have it.

Yep you are right on this one!

#7. Encourage your singers to pick a different song... Nothing pisses the staff off like having to listen to the same guy do the same song every single week... Signature song my ****... I swear, some people only do 2 songs, and sing them in 5 different bars a week. make them shake it up a bit.... repetition makes your show look stale.... and makes me look even more attractive (even though I'm $75 more a night.

#8. Get rid of that big ugly TV stand.... they look so cheezy... Mount your monitor to a low floor stand, or patch into house TV's... singers want to be on stage, not hidden behind a big ghetto looking 1989 karaoke TV stand.

Yep agree there too! if you can't hook to the house use a small flat screen or build a wedge monitor style box to house it in on the floor.

#9. Electronic song books de-personalize your show... take your songs from each person in person... don't be lazy.

#10. don't be a whiney beyotch about time... I do a show from X till Closing... doing a set 3 hour show then leaving on the money is lame. Stay longer than you have to if the bar will allow and if there are singers waiting... On a slow night, you can throw it in their face when they try to talk you down... Give a little extra, and you'll make yourself more valuable...

They try to talk you down on a slow night? I would just point out that they didn't give any extra on the busy nights. Our shut down times are set because state law says everyone out by 2AM.

#11. Brush your teeth, shower, and clean your mics regularly (once a week) You shouldn't have to tell an adult not to stink, but after going to the Atlantic city show, I guess that I just take proper hygiene for granted... If you smoke and drink coffee, and eat garlic and **** sandwiches all day, don't get in everyone's face without some gum or mints or something... bad breath once can turn someone off forever.

Depends on the situation, a lawyer taught me a lot about keeping people out of your face. Eat an onion, garlic, limburger cheese or some other noxious food just before going into a situation where you want to keep people out of your face.

#12 Avoid contests.. they suck, they attract transient wannabes who come to try to win, then disappear into the sunset. if you want to build a strong customer base, don't piss them off by having a contest.. anyone who doesn't win will think it was fixed, or that you play favorites... anyone who enters a contest deep down thinks they're the best... invalidating that feeling alienates customers.

Yeah baby!!!!!!!!

I don't know , that stuff posted in the above list sounds like someone in a small town karaoke bar wrote it... obviously some very opinionated small timer. Like I said, that might work in Potato Spud, Idaho Population 24, but around here, you wouldn't last a week running that way... If it's a hobby, run it any way you want.. if it's a business, treat it like one....

Now with all that said some agreed to and some not, aren't you doing exactly what you are accusing the author of the post of doing? Every one has a way that they host a show some are good and their shows continue, others crash and burn but one thing is always different "STYLES"!

GREAT post, Mr. Lynch! Can't disagree with a thing, and can see why you are tops in your area. We think alike, so I assume you were trained by one of the best! :sqwink:

How did you handle this one.

Had a guy who came into the show last night and signed up for maybe 20 songs but he did skip around on the list some allowing two or three singer between each one of his songs. We had 22 singer at the start of the show. After about an hour he came up and asked why I had only called hin up once when he had a song in right behind Bobby, another right behind Patty and one behind Bill. I told him the policy of one song at a time and he could sign up again after he sang (which by the way is in 36 font at the top of every singup sheet). He told me that evweryone was there to hear him sing so I needed to drop that policy for the night! LOL I told him I didn't think so and he would wait his turn which he would be back up as soon as I back around to his name. 15 minutes later he is ask again, telling me once again that everyone was there to hear him. I looked behind me, looked over his shoulder and slowly scanned the entire room, finally ending up with my eyes locked on his and I said. "I don't see your band here anywhere, I don't see any poster proclaiming your appearance here tonight, what I do see is the banner proclaiming that Thunder Music Karaoke hosted by Steve Miller is here tonight. In fact that banner is here every third Saturday and has been for the last 10 years". He made some comment about how wrong I was and walked away. an hour later he came back up to sing his second song.

He continued through out the night of signing up song after song even completely filling one whole sign up sheet with his name abnd song picks, he never got another song in.

I think you handled that jerk just fine if you ask me.

I had a similar jerk the other night.... he wanted one song Ol' Red. Unfortunately I didn't have that song. Well he just folded his arms over his chest and absolutely refused to try and find another song... then he started to instigate a "We want (insert host), We want (insert host)" kind of heckling...

So, I got on the mic and told the crowd that Host Such and Such, would not be here as he had another event.... but, for those that want to join in tonight's fun there are books around with my available music... thank you.

Of course this didn't quite these guys.... so I was relieved when they left... and you know what everyone else was too.... as they left more people came in to replace them.

I say good riddance to trouble waiting to happen.

What you don't have "Ol Red", you call yourself a karaoke host are you out of your mind!

I have had the same thing happen with people who would come in and go through my 28,000 song book and then sign up for a song that they couldn't find and then rant that so and so had it and he was a real Karaoke host. Then you find out that person is either working for or related to so and so karaoke host who happens to work for beer money.

If (and it is very seldom that it will happen) I get heckled I have the advantage of having a microphone in my hand and i can use it very well. Generally I do it with humor or maybe I get up and sing them a song.

Well I am doing this karaoke show tonight
Somebody started heckling and shouting me down
I decided it wasn't gonna do any good to get mad
So I wrote this song about him instead
It goes like this...

Were you born an *******?
Or did you work at it your whole life?
Either way it worked out fine
'Cause you're an ******* tonight

Yes you're an A-S-S-H-O-L-E
And don't you try to blame it on me
You deserve all the credit
You're an ******* tonight

You were an ******* yesterday
You're an ******* tonight
And I've got a feelin'
You'll be an ******* the rest of your life

(Instrumental Break)

And I was doin' it to your mother
Just the other night
I told her I thought you were an *******
She said, "Yes, I think you're right"

And all your friends are *******s
'Cause you've known them your whole life
And somebody told me
You've got an ******* for a wife

Were you born an *******?
Or did you work at it your whole life?
Either way it worked out fine
'Cause you're an aaaass...hole tonight!

This generally stops the heckling and makes the rest of the bar laugh!

Thunder: you were a lot more diplomatic about it than I probably would have been.

After the second time i probably would have asked him leave and not bother coming back.

-James

Thunder: you were a lot more diplomatic about it than I probably would have been.

After the second time i probably would have asked him leave and not bother coming back.

-James

Well he did have about five or six **** hot girls with him who were drinking like fish on his tab, I certainly didn't want to stop that. :sqwink:

Thunder: What song are you singing that to.... I love it and can almost guess but I'm drawing a blank.

Back