What's new

Goosebumps

Dreek Lass

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
when I was a child I used to be a massive fan of Goosebumps books. I am not quite sure how I got interested in them to be honest, although I suspect that my best friend at the time managed to get me into them. I also had other horror books, because I loved challenging movies books and television to scare me, but none of them ever could. it is quite different now that I am older though lol.

One of the very first Goosebumps books that I read was 'My Hairiest adventure.'

Then I had the opportunity to see some of the books that I had read on television when the Goosebumps television show began to air.

Did any of you read Goosebumps books too?

I did yeeeeeaaaaaarrrrsss ago. I can't remember what it was called, but one of the books was about a blob. Yeah, I know, very descriptive. XD
Another one was to do with a swamp monster.

They were quite horrifying as a kid, really. I also watched the TV show at some point and was scared by the dog with the glowing eyes in the opening sequence.

R.L. Stine is pretty boss when it comes to writing, just saying.
I used to read the Goosebumps series whenever I could. Some were kind stupid to me though, but others were totally ****ing awesome.

My favorite is 'The Haunted Mask'. Both the book and of the TV series.
I also liked 'Calling All Creeps!', 'Stay Out of the Basement', 'The Werewolf of Fever Swamp', 'Werewolf Skin', and 'Welcome to Dead House'.

The scariest to me I think would be between 'The Haunted Mask' and 'Welcome to Dead House'. 'THM' was more scary as a book I think, while 'WtDH' was more scary in the TV series.
But they're still pretty close either way. My two top favorites.

I also like the Fear Street series by the same author. These are meant for young adults rather than kids though, so there's a bit more mature stuff to them.

I vaguely remember reading and watching these but I can't even recall much :p I do remember the blob!

I used to own the entire series of 70-something(?) books. No idea what happened to them though. From an objective point of view, they weren't that well-written, but since they were geared towards youngsters it was a non-issue.

R.L. Stine is pretty boss when it comes to writing, just saying.
I used to read the Goosebumps series whenever I could. Some were kind stupid to me though, but others were totally ****ing awesome.

My favorite is 'The Haunted Mask'. Both the book and of the TV series.
I also liked 'Calling All Creeps!', 'Stay Out of the Basement', 'The Werewolf of Fever Swamp', 'Werewolf Skin', and 'Welcome to Dead House'.

The scariest to me I think would be between 'The Haunted Mask' and 'Welcome to Dead House'. 'THM' was more scary as a book I think, while 'WtDH' was more scary in the TV series.
But they're still pretty close either way. My two top favorites.

I also like the Fear Street series by the same author. These are meant for young adults rather than kids though, so there's a bit more mature stuff to them.

I was never actually afraid to read the books, because they were not scary. I am one of those people that chases the horror/scary high, but never seems to be able to get it, and if I can't get it from actual visuals like films and TV shows, then getting it from books was never going to happen. But I always enjoyed the stories that R.L Stine wrote anyway.

Dead House was Epic. I wasn't a fan of the Warewolf or the Vampire ones. I have never been interested in scares that originate from beasts like that. Just ghosts and demons and other scary things. But there will always be a place for Goosebumps in my childhood. Sometimes, at 22, I watch the episodes whilst I am eating my dinner lol.

Back