What's new

Graphing calculators

D

Darth-Apple

I've been in a lot of math classes that list a "TI-83 or equivalent" as a list of required materials. I always felt like $100 was a lot to spend on a calculator, so I settled for the casio calculators instead, which were only half the price. They had a limited amount of memory, but they are actually faster than the texas instruments alternatives.

On the other hand, being the one guy in class shuffling through my manual's pages while everyone else is doing math wasn't my favorite experience with my cheap calculator, but what can you do if you can't afford an expensive calculator? Casio calculators are also easier to program, so I've loved them for that reason.

Anyone else a fan of casio calculators?

Dunno much about Casios. I love my TI-84, though. Easy to program, incredibly useful for classes.

I was never in upper tier math classes, so I never needed a really specialized calculator. I had a scientific calculator that cost ~?10 or so, that was it. And even then, most of its use was spent spelling boobs on it, or using it to mentally map out Final Fantasy-esque fights, using it as an HP bar.

Back