What's new

Greatest Receivers?

ukfan41

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Who are your top 3 greatest receivers of all time?

Joe Namath
Marcus Allen
Steve Young

You only said three but I can actually come up with a lot more.

Mine:

1. Jerry Rice
2. Moss
3. T.O./Irving/Carter

1. Has to be Jerry Rice
2. Randy Moss
3. Calvin Johnson

I think Calvin has the chance to jump Moss in my own rankings though. He is a bit more of a complete receiver than Moss was/is. 2 or 3 more solid seasons and I'll put Calvin Johnson as the second best WR I've ever had the pleasure of watching.

Jerry Rice
Calvin Johnson
Randy Moss (on the Vikes)

Calvin Johnson is still new at the game, but he shows potential to become one of the greatest. He was highly underrated on Detroit mostly because they sucked all these years, but he tied Andre Johnson for most TD receptions a couple years back, and still puts up those type of numbers.

1.) Jerry Rice - Greatest player of all time.

2.) Randy Moss - Greatest deep threat of all time.

3.) Marvin Harrison - really high on all the records lists.

Jerry Rice
Calvin Johnson
Randy Moss (on the Vikes)

Calvin Johnson is still new at the game, but he shows potential to become one of the greatest. He was highly underrated on Detroit mostly because they sucked all these years, but he tied Andre Johnson for most TD receptions a couple years back, and still puts up those type of numbers.

I'm surprised you didn't say Barry!

Rice
Sanders
Moss

1. Rice

2. Marvin Harrison

3. Wayne Chrebet (ok this one is a stretch but props to a white guy from a small school that can play WR)

Yup. Lock him up for like a 5 year contract and then let the chips fall. His contract ends when he is 31-32 so he can either be over the hill and then go to a different team that needs a productive, experienced WR or sign him again if he doesn't show any major wear and tear.

I'm surprised you didn't say Barry!

Rice
Sanders
Moss

Barry Sanders is a running back though. And I probably would have if I remembered him. I only remember post Barry with Charlie Batch, James Stewart.

As a Miami Dolphins fan, I cast my vote for the Marks Brothers, Clayton and Duper. I think that maybe I'm being more sentimental than going by the numbers, but they and Dan Marino were a powerful combination "back in the day."

Jerry Rice
Marvin Harrison
Sterling Sharpe

That's my personal opinion/ pics for the top three

Jerry Rice
Randy Moss
Chris Carter

It is hard to compare recievers of the past to todays reciever now though. The league is very pass heavy so guys like AJ green could go down with every record in his name because he is going to see more passes. You have to take into consideration the era that they played in.

1. Jerry Rice
2. Randy Moss
3. Calvin Johnson

Calvin Johnson may beat Randy Moss or Jerry Rice one day, but he hasn't been playing long enough to tell.

Jerry Rice-He is/was just amazing.

Then I'm gonna go with two new school wide receivers. Donald Driver and Reggie Wayne.
Granted they had three of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game throwing to them. Who knows what would have happened if they would have went to a horrible team with an slack arm quarterback.

Back