What's new

GTA Online = Good or Bad?

ferret

Establishing Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I go on quite a few forums and this always comes up. I can't see it here yet so, here goes!

You all know the recent Grand Theft Auto games have been hugely popular - but where's it all going to lead?

To the point - GTA Online, would it be a good idea or a gaming disaster?

Personally I think it'd suck... loads of human controlled criminals in one city, it'd be complete chaos. Maybe some of you can see a way it could work? I can't.

gta online? how would they even do that? It's a solo player game

Well, personally, I always thought it'd just be a Massive Multiplayer Piss-About.
Hopefully with a Create-a-Character mode.

Seriously though, being Online, missions would justy be out the window, 'less maybe they're phoned in through a designated spawning point, or something.

Yeah that would be so tight it would actually make the game fun killing other human players.
0_o

I imagine the scene:

"Die, you purple-wearing shizzle! I, the trenchcoated madman am going to pop a cap in your ****!"

... Obviously in Street-like lingo.
Wahatever that is...:rofl:

GTA2 was online??? Why the hell not GTA3/Vice City or even all the newer ones?

I doubt it will be much of a success. It's mainly a solo game and I mean stealing cars with a lot of other users I can just see disasters.

Yes, but wouldn't all those disaster possibilities be what makes the game worth a try? :)

Maybe it'd be TOO disasterous. I have no idea how PS2 online games work, what the backend is like... but maybe if it's possible to limit a city to say 20 human players... with weird modes like capture the flag, or prostitute in this case to see who can keep it the longest within a set amount of time :p

It would suck horribly if it was online. It would just be a bunch of criminals doing the same thing, maybe at the same time.

I dont think making GTA online would be good at all. There really isnt any point of making it online as it is a solo only game anyways.

Ok... what about making it a multiplayer game? Say, 2 to 4 players via multitap or network?

Would the extra mission possibilies be worth it?

Multipolayer with multi tap wouldn't be so bad, since it would only be 2-4 people but playing online with alot of people is pointless ...

i say u have a limit of say, 50ppls per game, the palyer then chooses dress. here they have the option of normal, traditional gta player, or you choose a service. e.g. be a cop or fireman etc...

id personally go for it.

Ah, playing as a cop, fireman or paramedic - didn't think of that :rollseyes That'd be pretty good in a 50-player city.

Or FBI... you only get missions when certain human controlled criminals get a wanted rating of 4 or something, that'd be pretty good :sidestare

I think it would be cool.. you create gangs and **** and duke it out. It would be like any other shootem up game... a server would have 1 city and you could only have so many players as the settings are set to.... they would should also create a map maker program to.

I'm pretty sure there's already a city creator you can download for the PC version somewhere, over at gta3files.com, the files site in the gta3.com network I think.

But yeah something like that would be good for PS2 too... and if players don't have the map it somehow downloads to their console when connecting to the game :wub:

We can but dream...
Well, I know I can't. Bugger, that.

Anyway, I don't know much about what a PS2's Internet connection can and can't do, so I won't offer up any more ideas, for fears they'd be ludicrous.:sidestare

Speculate **** you :grr: The whole idea is to say what you want, doesn't matter if its possible yet or not :D

Back