What's new

Gurnee - restaurant suggestion

lcoop

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a recommendation for a good restaurant in Gurnee? Thanks

yep..agreed.

BUT what do you mean by good and what kind of place do you like? Gurnee has LOTS of restaurants. Many have certs at restaurant.com too

If you like mexican (REAL mexican, not taco bell, lol) Tacos el norte is really really good.

The prices are pretty good and you get lots of tasty food! The complimentary tortilla chips and homemade salsa are :drool:

http://www.tacoselnorte.org/

Well, we just don't go out - just for birthdays and only sometimes. We have been to TGIF, UNOs, and Olive Garden in the 12 years that we have lived here. Oh and we got a rest.com certificate to In/Laws once. We got a call from a couple in Iowa who want to meet us and take us to dinner. I looked up lots if reviews, but thought I'd check with CW as well. The Backyard place does not show very favorable reviews in the places I have looked. Thanks for any and all suggestions. I hope I will know how to act- lol!

My parents are upper class, live in Gurnee, and love Tacoselnorte. lol.

We love Golden Corral but that is an all you can eat buffet (not fancy).

Are you going with or without kids?

We have a Tacos el Norte here and their food is awesome but very casual place (at least ours is).

Tacos el norte in Gurnee is very good and not as casual as the one in McHenry area that Val mentioned. There is also a Steakhouse that is good but I can't recall the name. I will try to think of it.

Any thoughts on Outback or the Roadhouse?

My sister always enjoyed Chilis there too.

Never been to Outback, but always wanted to go.

anyone else?

Outback is good. I also agree on Tacos el Norte.

There's Sprinkles, I stopped in there for drinks once and it was like a 45+ place so my 27-yr old sister and I had a drink and left. But the menu looked good.

I vote AGAINST Soluto's, in case it's brought up. Last several times I went or my parents went, it was no good. We used to love it.

There's Giordano's or something, by old Navy. That's always good.

Outback is good. I also agree on Tacos el Norte.

There's Sprinkles, I stopped in there for drinks once and it was like a 45+ place so my 27-yr old sister and I had a drink and left. But the menu looked good.

I vote AGAINST Soluto's, in case it's brought up. Last several times I went or my parents went, it was no good. We used to love it.

There's Giordano's or something, by old Navy. That's always good.
I actually really like Saluto's and it's always been really good. A bit pricey but good. IMO :)

We like the Shanty in Wadsworth, but always very crowded and will get pricey if you order steak and seafood.

Back