What's new

He lost it!!

silviavm

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
So my ds7 has his 5th tooth fall out and comes running to show it to me. Any reason to get out of bed right?! Lol

Anyway, shiny baby tooth in the palm of his hand and he runs up to bed again. DH then decides that since he is up he can put some toys in the toy chest. Fine, well 20 min later he is whining in bed that he cannot find his tooth and he lost it when his father told him to put his toys away!

Now DH feels bad and wants to put $ under his pillow anyway! I say no, let him look for it tomorrow and the toothfairy will come later. He cannot think that he gets things just because, right? DH says this is not a teaching opportunity, WHAT DO Y'all THINK, $ or NO $?

My DD is AFRAID to lose her teeth...she HATES blood and it is a trauma experience to get her to get them out...permanent teeth are growing in crooked behind it. We are threatening her with..you'll have to get braces, you'll get made fun of, etc. but she still is so stubborn. My father actually held her down and got the tooth out it was loose anyway. Honestly, I say give your son the $$. If he finds it later he could always leave it a second time WITHOUT the money...tell him the fairy still needs to collect it since he found it...why not make up your own rules? This has worked fine w/DD up til now. She still thinks Santa comes in w/a magic key since we have NO chimney! Good luck!

(H) Teeth

(W) cc or pp

:giggles:

No $$.

If he gets $$ tonight and finds it tomorrow, he'll expect it again. :lol:

So my ds7 has his 5th tooth fall out and comes running to show it to me. Any reason to get out of bed right?! Lol

Anyway, shiny baby tooth in the palm of his hand and he runs up to bed again. DH green decides that since he is up he can put some toys in the toy chest. Fine, well 20 min later he is whining in bed that he cannot find his tooth and he lost it when his father told him to put his toys away!

Now DH feels bad and wants to put $ under his pillow anyway! I say no, let him look for it tomorrow and the toothfairy will come later. He cannot think that he gets things just because, right? DH says this is not a teaching opportunity, WHAT DO Y'all THINK, $ or NO $?

I say money for sure, the real "tooth fairy" knows he lost the tooth (twice evidently) and should pay up as agreed (for single tooth) :lol:. Of course "tooth fairy" like God will know if he tries twice to collect on the agreement for the same tooth later! :hah:

Awe. I don't know what to tell you, but I feel bad about you all having to wake up for this tooth fairy dilemma. I hope he finds the tooth tomorrow and all is good in the world for him and mom and dad.

My daughter lost her tooth so we wrote a letter to the tooth fairy that said we were very sorry and would leave the tooth when we find it. The tooth fairy wrote back with a lecture about taking care of your things but also left a Doller with the letter. Found the tooth three weeks later left it under the pillow and the tooth fairy picked it up. No additional cash just a Thack you card with a fairy on it.

Since he did go and do what was asked of him, putting away the toys - I would definitely have him draw a picture of the tooth for the tooth fairy and that go under his pillow.

Just think of the therapy bills he might incur later in life if the tooth fairy doesn't come....he might then be turned on to hoarding because he doesnt want to risk losing something so prescious again while cleaning - LOL - j/k

Thank you everyone. If it was earlier in the day, not before bedtime, I would have been able to take everyone's opinion to heart. I read the first few and prayed on it. Turns out we did not give him $ but he woke up late and found his tooth on DS2s bed in two pieces. Seems like his brother had his tooth and ds7 did everything in his power to find it so...the toothfairy will compensate him for his effort!!
Lots of $$$ for him tonight! I'm excited to see his face tomorrow morning!!

Back