What's new

Hello All

Allan

It's All Good
PF Member
Reaction score
Thought I would drop in and say hello to everyone.
So Hello :)

Hello Allan, happy to see in X-Zone4u. It is a great pleasure to have you here.

What's your workout regime?

Hey guys,

Fitness and health are one of my biggest passions, I like to stay in tip top shape. Overall you just feel better, not to mention a huge ego boost of having a fit body.

I'll be posting what my workout consists of, both cardio, and strength training here in a short while, but let's see what you guys have to share on this subject.

My Work out regime at current is See Food eat it :D . Just kidding though it was. I don't have a workout regime. I did buy some of the workout games for the Kinect though I have yet to truly get into them but I will at some point.

Right now I'm only doing cardio ie running/jogging outside with a little mix of cross-fit. I'll run for 5 minutes and do 5 burpees, repeat. I admit I've been slacking, but when I get back from vacation I plan to start up all over again.

I have a wide range of workouts that I do within a week,

Monday (Chest and Back Day)
2 Mile Jog
Flat Bench:
- 165lbs x5
- 175lbs x4
- 185lbs x3
- 195lbs x2
- 215lbs x1
Incline Bench:
5 sets of 5 at 165lbs
Decline Bench:
5 sets of 5 at 185lbs
Dumbell Presses:
3 sets of 10 at 65lbs
Military Presses:
3 sets of 5 at 155lbs
Lat Pull downs:
5 sets of 10 at 185lbs.

Tuesday (Cardio/Endurance and Arms Day)
Just go to the gym, do curls, an hour on the treadmill, 30 minutes on the elliptical, and 15 minute on a bike.

Wednesday (Legs Day)
2 Mile Jog
Heel Squats:
5 sets of 10 at 235lbs
Box Squats:
5 sets of 10 at 265lbs
Hangclings:
5 sets of 5 at 205lbs

Thursday (Abs Day)
3 Mile Jogs (One at the beginning, one at the end)
Planks, leg lifts, crunches, (not sure what these are called) but sideways rotating movements with 45lb weights.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (Lazy cool down days when I let my muscles relax)
4 mile jogs in the morning, lightweight curls, pushups, pullups, and dips.

If you guys have any suggestions for my routine, let me know, I've been doing this for a little while, but its nothing close to a perfect workout.

I have a wide range of workouts that I do within a week,

Monday (Chest and Back Day)
2 Mile Jog
Flat Bench:
- 165lbs x5
- 175lbs x4
- 185lbs x3
- 195lbs x2
- 215lbs x1
Incline Bench:
5 sets of 5 at 165lbs
Decline Bench:
5 sets of 5 at 185lbs
Dumbell Presses:
3 sets of 10 at 65lbs
Military Presses:
3 sets of 5 at 155lbs
Lat Pull downs:
5 sets of 10 at 185lbs.

Tuesday (Cardio/Endurance and Arms Day)
Just go to the gym, do curls, an hour on the treadmill, 30 minutes on the elliptical, and 15 minute on a bike.

Wednesday (Legs Day)
2 Mile Jog
Heel Squats:
5 sets of 10 at 235lbs
Box Squats:
5 sets of 10 at 265lbs
Hangclings:
5 sets of 5 at 205lbs

Thursday (Abs Day)
3 Mile Jogs (One at the beginning, one at the end)
Planks, leg lifts, crunches, (not sure what these are called) but sideways rotating movements with 45lb weights.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (Lazy cool down days when I let my muscles relax)
4 mile jogs in the morning, lightweight curls, pushups, pullups, and dips.

If you guys have any suggestions for my routine, let me know, I've been doing this for a little while, but its nothing close to a perfect workout.

I lose some 15 pounds the last year (I don't know why, maybe too much work), I was in my ideal weight before that, and I wanna get it once again. But this time I am going to take advantage to get muscle instead of fat.
I am not lifting now. I have started lisfting my own body, squats, push-ups, curls, within some weeks I will lift.
I don't practice any team sport or something.

Let me know if you need any help or suggestions, I'm no professional but I have some personal experience.

I just go walk/run for 30 minutes every morning, then come home and do some crunches and push-ups. I'm just looking to wake up in the morning and get some blood pumping ... not looking to get ripped.

I worked out yesterday for the first time since January. Looking to drop 10 pounds of fat and buff up a bit. My idea is to combine high intensity full body cardio with weight lifting to trigger an afterburner effect.

I don't run, so my cardio yesterday consisted of jump-rope >hammering a log with a 20 pound hammer> mountain climbers. After the cardio I do weight lifting, then 1 round is complete. Repeat as many times as I can at as high intensity as I can, no resting for more then 30 seconds. I did the complete circuit for 3 rounds. Just 30 minutes kicked my ****!

PS. I don't really know what I am doing, so any advice is welcomed.

Well, its been said that doing intense cardio/trying to lose weight and trying to gain mass (getting buff) are two things you should never do together, as each will hinder the other. I suggest weight training first and gaining some muscle mass, then losing weight, so you have more muscle to work off of after losing the 10lbs you're wanting to.

You're welcome, let me know if you have any other questions

Bex said:
Right now I'm only doing cardio ie running/jogging outside with a little mix of cross-fit. I'll run for 5 minutes and do 5 burpees, repeat. I admit I've been slacking, but when I get back from vacation I plan to start up all over again.
I've been back from vacation and haven't been doing very well. It seems like I just can't get out of bed first thing in the morning.

Back