What's new

Help! Does anyone speak Mandarin Chinese?

Lizlu

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I am trying to learn...Looking for any ideas.

LIz

hmmm...maybe you can learn online google it...I bet there's lots of info..maybe check w/your local community college and see if there's any classes on it...when DD was younger she loved the kids show: Ni-hao ki-lan it's on nick I believe...not sure if that's mandarin but definitely chinese! Good luck!

There are Chinese classes at the Lake Forest Academy, but I don't know how much that is. I have a friend who hires a lady to tutor her daughter Chinese, I can find out more info if you are interested. How about the College of Lake County? Do they have classes? Online is fine, except it's hard to get motivated to learn it online, and there are so many distractions around you at home.

Xiling in Naperville and Oakton Community College have classes.

My 9 year old niece takes Mandarin Chinese in school. Last year she had a tutor.

Thanks for all the great ideas. I live in Wisconsin...Lake Geneva. I took an 8 week 1x/week/1 hour class from the local school community ed. It turned out to be mostly kids...like 10 years old who knew way more than me. I survived, and learned a little. I would love to try a different class, with a more mature group or just find someone that I can practice speaking with.

I have tried some of the online tools and Rosetta Stone.

It is sooo different than English. am not sure if I say things right..it is hard to get feedback on that. It is hard to even hear things right.

I found Spanish much easier when I was in high school...but then again, I am not so young any more and it seems harder to remember and learn these things.

Back