What's new

help me with suggestions for "marketing" at my work PLEASE

FTwink

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
So I work at a franchise McDonalds (we have 3 stores) and they have put 3 employees (1 being me) together to come up with ideas to increase sales on certain day/night parts that are slower. But also to show we are involved in the community. We sponsor local teams, we donate items, we even recycle at our stores. But they want to do more.

The store I work at (and one of the others is as well) is located very close to a park that holds soccer and baseball games. I was trying to come up with something for that. We get business from them, but I want to come up with something that shows we support them more aside from $ or vouchers. Kwim?

also, our Saturday nights aren't always so steady, only the store I work at has a playplace, so I have been working on things that I could incorporate family night. But my mind isn't working at the moment! :( I have thought of coloring nights, and as a team we thought of having Ronald come out and do a family reading night.

I would love to hear any suggestions you all may have, as I know some of you have children involved in sports, have children period, and we know kids love McD's.

I will "raok" to one lucky person who helps me come up with some brilliant plans some coupons to use at McDonalds...... much appreciation! :)

well I'm no marketing wiz and this is probably a lame suggestion but why not make sat. night half price night or something...for that location only of course...I bet you'd have people out the door if they thought they would get super cheap eats...or give some happy meal toys away w/purchase of a sundae or something. Or run a promo like every 100th customer gets a free item from the menu...put a price limit on it....I mean that would make me want to come in more often, especially if you are one of the few restaurants in town. Hope that helps!

See if you can get the coaches to come "work" a night....they can run drive thru orders and work lobby. The kids/families might come out to see them. McD's can then make a donation to the sport.

you could throw parties for the kids baseball/soccer teams just a kinda like a happy meal with no toys, give the kids an ice cream instead of a toy (mabye) if you feed the kids on the team for free moms, and dads and siblings will buy food

yo could take 'snack' to the ball fields on Sat, apples, bottled water, juice boxes (id stay away from milk as hot as it is you dont wanna make kids throw up) or cookies

some places give 10% off with a church bulliten, give the family a 10% discount if they had kid in a baseball uniform or kids in uniform get a kid meal free.....dont forget to give the coaches their meals free too (uniform nessesarry limit 3 coaches per team) once again if you feed the coaches and the ball players the siblings and parents end up eating too

Family friendly trivia night? Winner gets free...something?

Date night? Buy 2 meals, get dessert/shake to share free?

Family friendly movie/TV show night. Offer certain menu items at a discount?

Can you do something like a punch card? Like buy 5 coffees, get 6th free (or buy whatever item)?

How about spend $xx, and the store will donate $x to a local charity/sports team, etc?

Do the classic if they get homerun or score 15 goals you get a free dollar burger. Then they should also buy fries and a drink to go with that.

Family friendly trivia night? Winner gets free...something?

Date night? Buy 2 meals, get dessert/shake to share free?

Family friendly movie/TV show night. Offer certain menu items at a discount?

Can you do something like a punch card? Like buy 5 coffees, get 6th free (or buy whatever item)?

How about spend $xx, and the store will donate $x to a local charity/sports team, etc?

this could be a good one visit the dollar store buy some vases for flowers and cheap table clothes have someone go around with 'Rose for the lady?'

In "my hood" I remember some organization setting up an obstacle course in the playplace and had a DRAG RACE! :lol: Heels required, run at your own risk!
gay.gif

...could be fun if the coaches "played along"!

But at Steve's McDonald's they have "Rhonda", not Ronald McDonald.

mrsmom.....that would be "Rhoedam".

Rhoedam hard, and put away wet! :snicker:

Usually around here, it's 99cent Happy Meals for Family Night. With the intention that Mom/Dad will likely buy a meal as well, and pay full price. Sounds like you have a nice budget. What if you flipped it? Promote it something like "Kids, take your parents out for dinner. Free Large Sandwich with purchase of Happy Meal." Obviously Mom & Dad are going to pay for the kids meals, and likely buy a drink to go with their sandwich! This would be a great one to promote in May & June, around Mothers Day and Fathers Day.

See if you can get the coaches to come "work" a night....they can run drive thru orders and work lobby. The kids/families might come out to see them. McD's can then make a donation to the sport.

We do this with our school at Culvers, the teachers bring the food to the tables and the school gets 20% of what is sold during the time, the kids love the teachers serving them.

Maybe do something with drinks/desserts for after the game. But a mcflurry(kids) get ice coffee free. I think the magician would be cool depending on ages. The franchise mcds by me is a rock n roll one. On friday? Night they have a band set up in the parking lot so people can eat and listen to music. They also have a player piano inside and other musicians come in through out the week

I know talking with several Moms who have kids in several sports--one thing they want to do is either eat before or get something quick after
so maybe a special if you wear your uniform you get xxx this as a discount--or free drink with purchase of xxx (I know when I worked drinks were the cheapest part of the meal)
Maybe some kind of punch loyalty card--come in so many times and receive xxxx---
Wendys did really well with their key chain frosty things---if you bought the key chain xxx amount went to the charity and you got a free ice kids frosty every visit---

I would suggest though while school is going on to try and promote something before the games-because after the kids are scrambling home to finish homework and baths etc.

I think anytime you offer something for free is how you get people in--so free dollar menu item with every kids meal--
or free dollar menu item with every value meal purchased

Or you could start things with a theme for each day of the week

Manic Mondays---free xx with purchase of xxx

Sox Fans Tuesdays--wear your sox gear and recievexxx

Cubs Wednesdays==wear your cubs gear and receive xxxx

Bulls Thursdays---wear your bulls gears and receive

Hawks Fridays---wear

Bears Saturdays wear your bears gear and receive

Team Support Sundays---wear any sports uniform and receive xxxx

You could do Wild Wednesdays---- Manic Mondays---things like that

Chick Fil A--has home depot come in and build a craft with Home Depot--or Lowes--

They also have had small Christian Book stores come in and do stickers and projects etc.

Wendy's has their Happy Meals discounted on one day a week-and they also show a movie

Start a spring / summer coupon book sale like the Trick or treats. Selling them will bring in business. Teachers will buy for classrooms. coach etc. Give 10 percent of book sales to school. Etc.

Free Sweet Tea to people that wear say, a Bulls jersey on days that the Bulls play. Promote it by having a big sign when people walk in, Support our Chicago Teams and McDonalds will thank you by treating you to a sweet treat (sweet tea or maybe a cone).

My old boss owns a restaurant, he would pass out flyers at different events(his restaurant is in the city so events like Sheffield Garden Walk were goldmines!). Flyers for free dessert (free dessert with a purchase of a meal), free coffee with a purchase of a breakfast. In your case get matching tshirts with the rest of the marketing team and pass out coupons to people at the baseball games. Offer a free ice cream cone to the players (if the family has more than one kid they will have to buy more ice cream!).

Remember the winter treat sheets? I bought two and everytime I went in to get my kids free apple slices I would end up buying something for myself or dh. How about selling treat sheets at the baseball games?

So I work at a franchise McDonalds (we have 3 stores) and they have put 3 employees (1 being me) together to come up with ideas to increase sales on certain day/night parts that are slower. But also to show we are involved in the community. We sponsor local teams, we donate items, we even recycle at our stores. But they want to do more.

The store I work at (and one of the others is as well) is located very close to a park that holds soccer and baseball games. I was trying to come up with something for that. We get business from them, but I want to come up with something that shows we support them more aside from $ or vouchers. Kwim?

also, our Saturday nights aren't always so steady, only the store I work at has a playplace, so I have been working on things that I could incorporate family night. But my mind isn't working at the moment! :( I have thought of coloring nights, and as a team we thought of having Ronald come out and do a family reading night.

I would love to hear any suggestions you all may have, as I know some of you have children involved in sports, have children period, and we know kids love McD's.

I will "raok" to one lucky person who helps me come up with some brilliant plans some coupons to use at McDonalds...... much appreciation! :)

Way to ask for ideas so that someone else can do YOUR job.

if you look at it that way.... thats cool.

THANKS FOR YOUR GREAT INPUT!

Please tell me what other way I can look at it. Clearly you want more sales/profits during slow times and you don't have an answer. So you are looking for ideas. So tell me, if you came up with an idea that makes the three stores 25% more in profit over a year, would you expect to be compensated? Would a few coupons for some free sandwiches be enough if that represented six figure increase to the owner(s)? Yet you are asking for help on doing that very thing. It is not my job to get your store(s) more profitable, it is yours. If you want to discuss an appropriate fee for me to increase your sales, then I have some very good ideas. If not, then you are just a user and anyone who offers up solid ideas are gullible to your ways.

Back