What's new

help me with suggestions for "marketing" at my work PLEASE

So I work at a franchise McDonalds (we have 3 stores) and they have put 3 employees (1 being me) together to come up with ideas to increase sales on certain day/night parts that are slower. But also to show we are involved in the community. We sponsor local teams, we donate items, we even recycle at our stores. But they want to do more.

The store I work at (and one of the others is as well) is located very close to a park that holds soccer and baseball games. I was trying to come up with something for that. We get business from them, but I want to come up with something that shows we support them more aside from $ or vouchers. Kwim?

also, our Saturday nights aren't always so steady, only the store I work at has a playplace, so I have been working on things that I could incorporate family night. But my mind isn't working at the moment! :( I have thought of coloring nights, and as a team we thought of having Ronald come out and do a family reading night.

I would love to hear any suggestions you all may have, as I know some of you have children involved in sports, have children period, and we know kids love McD's.

I will "raok" to one lucky person who helps me come up with some brilliant plans some coupons to use at McDonalds...... much appreciation! :)

Please tell me what other way I can look at it. Clearly you want more sales/profits during slow times and you don't have an answer. So you are looking for ideas. So tell me, if you came up with an idea that makes the three stores 25% more in profit over a year, would you expect to be compensated? Would a few coupons for some free sandwiches be enough if that represented six figure increase to the owner(s)? Yet you are asking for help on doing that very thing. It is not my job to get your store(s) more profitable, it is yours. If you want to discuss an appropriate fee for me to increase your sales, then I have some very good ideas. If not, then you are just a user and anyone who offers up solid ideas are gullible to your ways.

for someone who acts like their **** don't stink, you sure have your opinion of me wrong, and may need to take a bigger whiff of your ****. and perhaps you need to REREAD what I wrote!

But AGAIN, thanks for your input!!!!

for someone who acts like their **** don't stink, you sure have your opinion of me wrong, and may need to take a bigger whiff of your ****. and perhaps you need to REREAD what I wrote!

FTWink....I think people here have given you some great ideas, hope your bosses like them.

Ignore Freyguy....he's the resident troll...feed the trolls and they keep coming back.

He has been known to be nice/helpful from time to time, but is often grumpy and looks down on others a lot.

I read it. The reason ANY BUSINESS gets involved with charity or outreach is to develop strong ties with customers leading to loyalty. Loyalty = profits. No one in business does anything charitable without it benefiting them directly. Be it either positive publicity or tax write-offs, businesses do this because research shows it increases the bottom line. If businesses did it because they felt convicted to do it, then they wouldn't have it advertised. Walmart and Target blatantly advertise their donations and sponsorships because some big wig figured out that consumers are loyal if you trick them into being loyal.

Now I have no problem with you looking for ways to increase the bottom line, just don't look for ideas on how to do it. And if the motivation to give back is pure, donate the cash with the expectation of anonymity to the business.

Now I have no problem with you looking for ways to increase the bottom line, just don't look for ideas on how to do it.

:dunce:

drinking this early in the day?

BTW FTWink -- I have no problem with you asking your questions here. I'm sure the board owner has no problem with it either so ignore freyguy. No one listens to him IRL so he comes here for attention.

What about after the soccer games whenever they are, every child under 12 in their uniforms gets a free cone (or sunday, whichever is cheaper for ya). Because once in the door, you know they'll also get sodas and fries etc.

:48: :fart: there's that smell again......oh wait......I see frey was here.

:48: :fart: there's that smell again......oh wait......I see frey was here.

I hate when I get a whiff of that scent when I walk in the door. It means that Chloe's diaper malfunctioned.

Ok, back to the topic again...

Offer team deals after the games. (like a team of ten kids in same uniform) Our concession stand offers the coaches a deal for the whole team, if we're snack mom.

?

I worked for McDonalds thru HS & college (into management) and I disagree with almost all of these ideas.

There is no store loyalty for any urban McDonalds because there is one on every corner.

You need to identify when your store is slow and target traffic that way. Need mid-morning sales? Network with the Senior Centers, have AMPLE daily newspapers on hand, have checkers & chess sets, a backgammon kit, and be ready to give FREE REFILLS.

1-3 pm sales? Offer free wi-fi to take advantage of the unemployed crowd.

Truly, McDonald's has built-in predictable traffic. EVERYONE goes there. If your boss's stores are suffering at all times of day or not profitable enough, I would examine these ideas, in this order:

1) Clean up the stores. Really. Fresh eyes can see what "you" can't. Make sure the lobby, lot, and restrooms are PRISTINE at all times of day. Someone should be checking all those areas no less often than every 15 minutes.
2) Does the parking suck? With the double drive thrus, many small-footprint stores are having parking issues. Clean up drive thru times to help with this. I can't tell you HOW MANY TIMES I see a DT cashier hit the "order done" button the second I drive up, no matter if I have my stuff or not (a big no-no).
3) Is the staff cheerful or not? If not, this needs to be addressed with the managers.
4) My pet PEEVE (and this is a huge issue also with Seniors). I realize we live in a very Hispanic area. I realize McDonald's is a very attractive career for many Hispanic people and it offers benefits which is awesome. HOWEVER, I am not Hispanic and I despise a) being spoken to in broken English and b) being talked about IN SPANISH while I am standing at the counter. See, I do not look Hispanic, but I speak enough Spanish to know when I'm being talked about. Seniors HATE this. People who are not Hispanic HATE this. If this is going on at your stores and you are trying to attract a non-Hispanic market, I suggest you get it under control. Have your public staff speak English.
5) Aggressively market birthday parties. They are hugely profitable.
6) Get tighter reins on waste.
7) Find out who is stealing money and/or stock. This happens at ALL McD's stores. It's built into the business plan - you just need to keep it at a level that is absorbable.

Anyway, IMHO no McDonald's need to give away free stuff. They are the most recognized brand on the planet. Lack of business is IMHO due to "other factors."

I worked for McDonalds thru HS & college (into management) and I disagree with almost all of these ideas.

There is no store loyalty for any urban McDonalds because there is one on every corner.

You need to identify when your store is slow and target traffic that way. Need mid-morning sales? Network with the Senior Centers, have AMPLE daily newspapers on hand, have checkers & chess sets, a backgammon kit, and be ready to give FREE REFILLS.

1-3 pm sales? Offer free wi-fi to take advantage of the unemployed crowd.

Truly, McDonald's has built-in predictable traffic. EVERYONE goes there. If your boss's stores are suffering at all times of day or not profitable enough, I would examine these ideas, in this order:

1) Clean up the stores. Really. Fresh eyes can see what "you" can't. Make sure the lobby, lot, and restrooms are PRISTINE at all times of day. Someone should be checking all those areas no less often than every 15 minutes.
2) Does the parking suck? With the double drive thrus, many small-footprint stores are having parking issues. Clean up drive thru times to help with this. I can't tell you HOW MANY TIMES I see a DT cashier hit the "order done" button the second I drive up, no matter if I have my stuff or not (a big no-no).
3) Is the staff cheerful or not? If not, this needs to be addressed with the managers.
4) My pet PEEVE (and this is a huge issue also with Seniors). I realize we live in a very Hispanic area. I realize McDonald's is a very attractive career for many Hispanic people and it offers benefits which is awesome. HOWEVER, I am not Hispanic and I despise a) being spoken to in broken English and b) being talked about IN SPANISH while I am standing at the counter. See, I do not look Hispanic, but I speak enough Spanish to know when I'm being talked about. Seniors HATE this. People who are not Hispanic HATE this. If this is going on at your stores and you are trying to attract a non-Hispanic market, I suggest you get it under control. Have your public staff speak English.
5) Aggressively market birthday parties. They are hugely profitable.
6) Get tighter reins on waste.
7) Find out who is stealing money and/or stock. This happens at ALL McD's stores. It's built into the business plan - you just need to keep it at a level that is absorbable.

Anyway, IMHO no McDonald's need to give away free stuff. They are the most recognized brand on the planet. Lack of business is IMHO due to "other factors."

i appreciate the feedback. It isn't so much the lack in sales, we are a franchise store, and the owner is proud to show what he does for his community. Even if they get to write it off as someone has said, I have NEVER heard them say that was their goal in showing support. They are genuine, and care. That was one of my reasons for posting this, was to get feedback on associating with sporting events, etc as in my op. They recycle in our stores, UNLIKE corp stores, and we do offer our customers frequency cards on the mccafe drinks.

I have worked for both corp and franchise, and can understand the frustration with some of the things you mentioned, however we don't have an issue with non english speaking individuals. Like every other store out there, there is always opportunity to improve.

Our location does well in sales, Saturday nights are somewhat of a slower night but partly due to the area. That was why I was thinking of incorporating family night?!? We don't have a walmart, target, nothing of that sort near us. (15mins away, but obviously theres a mcd every other block now a days)

We do have a playplace, and we get a good amount of parties there. The store is remodeled, and so are the others (the 3rd store is only 1 1/2 years old). We do have a disadvantage of not having a double drive like our other 2 stores, due to the amount of land they were allowed to have in the town.

I would like to add that there actually have been some great ideas from quite a few of you members. I am passing it along, and informed my owner of my sharing with you all in getting input from you. Thank you to you all! :) I'd hate to single anyones idea out, they were all great. I really liked got2crazy w/the 10% off wearing the uniform, queencobra with the date night....lauri with the coachs working, lisamc kids treat parents (we were thinking of something similiar, but i like you "slogan" better, lol) and kmjloves with the home depot, and different days of the week. (pm your addy's so I can send you out something) It was ironic as when the team met last week, we were talking about the one store that shares a parking lot with home depot about possibly working with them by handing out coupons or flyers for their store for us to use their back part of the parking lot that sits next to our store for possibly a car show. But I never thought about the craft idea. Again, I appreciated everyones feedback, and look forward to utilizing some of the tips.

i appreciate the feedback. It isn't so much the lack in sales, we are a franchise store, and the owner is proud to show what he does for his community. Even if they get to write it off as someone has said, I have NEVER heard them say that was their goal in showing support. They are genuine, and care. That was one of my reasons for posting this, was to get feedback on associating with sporting events, etc as in my op. They recycle in our stores, UNLIKE corp stores, and we do offer our customers frequency cards on the mccafe drinks.

I have worked for both corp and franchise, and can understand the frustration with some of the things you mentioned, however we don't have an issue with non english speaking individuals. Like every other store out there, there is always opportunity to improve.

Our location does well in sales, Saturday nights are somewhat of a slower night but partly due to the area. That was why I was thinking of incorporating family night?!? We don't have a walmart, target, nothing of that sort near us. (15mins away, but obviously theres a mcd every other block now a days)

We do have a playplace, and we get a good amount of parties there. The store is remodeled, and so are the others (the 3rd store is only 1 1/2 years old). We do have a disadvantage of not having a double drive like our other 2 stores, due to the amount of land they were allowed to have in the town.

I would like to add that there actually have been some great ideas from quite a few of you members. I am passing it along, and informed my owner of my sharing with you all in getting input from you. Thank you to you all! :) I'd hate to single anyones idea out, they were all great. I really liked got2crazy w/the 10% off wearing the uniform, queencobra with the date night....lauri with the coachs working, lisamc kids treat parents (we were thinking of something similiar, but i like you "slogan" better, lol) and kmjloves with the home depot, and different days of the week. (pm your addy's so I can send you out something) It was ironic as when the team met last week, we were talking about the one store that shares a parking lot with home depot about possibly working with them by handing out coupons or flyers for their store for us to use their back part of the parking lot that sits next to our store for possibly a car show. But I never thought about the craft idea. Again, I appreciated everyones feedback, and look forward to utilizing some of the tips.

Did anyone else PM FTwink w/their addy?

...flipped it? Promote it something like "Kids, take your parents out for dinner. Free Large Sandwich with purchase of Happy Meal." Obviously Mom & Dad are going to pay for the kids meals, and likely buy a drink to go with their sandwich! This would be a great one to promote in May & June, around Mothers Day and Fathers Day.

I was thinking along this same line. Feed one parent free...the kid and hopefully another parent will pay for their meal/s. This could work it's self into a child working to earn a meal for a parent. Yes, I would make a child it not just beause they play sports or have a good report card. :sheep1:

Back