What's new

Help with warts, NO, not those kind.....

Valerie

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
My DD7 has had a wart on her knee for a few years. It's always stayed the same size, didn't bother her. Showed it to the pediatrician early on and she said as long as it's not bothersome, just leave it be, it will eventually go away on it's own (she has had others that have come/gone) but this one is now growing and painful for my DD to kneel on it. It's now about twice the size of a pencil eraser. I've got some Super Jingle Cash to use so I'm going to get some of those wart remover dots but was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions! Thanks!

My DD7 has had a wart on her knee for a few years. It's always stayed the same size, didn't bother her. Showed it to the pediatrician early on and she said as long as it's not bothersome, just leave it be, it will eventually go away on it's own (she has had others that have come/gone) but this one is now growing and painful for my DD to kneel on it. It's now about twice the size of a pencil eraser. I've got some Super Jingle Cash to use so I'm going to get some of those wart remover dots but was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions! Thanks!

NO!!! Take her back & get It checked out first.

The dermatologist can freeze them off. Warts can spread too so I'd want it off just for that reason. Hope it gets taken care of painlessly.

Take her and get it checked out and ask the doctor if it should be cut off.

Cover with nail polish to cut off air to it. It will slowly die.
I've heard duct tape is good for just about anything. Me personally, since is is dd, I'd take her to the dermatologist. I've had plenty of them frozen off over the years. It does hurt, some. It feels hot because it is soooo cold.

I've heard duct tape is good for just about anything. Me personally, since is is dd, I'd take her to the dermatologist. I've had plenty of them frozen off over the years. It does hurt, some. It feels hot because it is soooo cold.

DW had one on toe frozen twice and kept coming back. She tried the nail polish thing and it worked.

Please don't do anything yourself.

It's too big - twice the size of a pencil eraser!

A Dermatologist Is your best bet.

Thanks, DS has a 6 month check up next week so I just called and they are able to see DD at the same time.

Guess the warts are now on the back burner since DD developed cellulitis from a spider bite on Friday. Thankfully we caught it in time and the oral antibiotics are working. But she will still be getting the warts looked at tomorrow, after the pediatrician checks her cellulitis which just happens to be inches away from the wart.

And I guess DD6 didn't want to be left out at the doctor's office b/c yesterday she wanted me to change her earrings, no biggie. Only problem, the skin in the back of her ear has grown over the earring back. Got the earring out the back is STUCK, can only see one tiny little spot of silver. So she too, will be getting checked out tomorrow.

Calgon....take me away........

Guess the warts are now on the back burner since DD developed cellulitis from a spider bite on Friday. Thankfully we caught it in time and the oral antibiotics are working. But she will still be getting the warts looked at tomorrow, after the pediatrician checks her cellulitis which just happens to be inches away from the wart.

And I guess DD6 didn't want to be left out at the doctor's office b/c yesterday she wanted me to change her earrings, no biggie. Only problem, the skin in the back of her ear has grown over the earring back. Got the earring out the back is STUCK, can only see one tiny little spot of silver. So she too, will be getting checked out tomorrow.

Calgon....take me away........

Wow! You have your hands full.

I have one that won't go away even with freezing, so now it's getting frozen more often and I have an rx for an acid (doesn't hurt at all) that smells like nail polish.

Good luck!

My son had one on his palm. We saw the pediatrician who wrote a prescription for salacylic acid (I have no idea how to spell that). We had to put that on, put duct tape over it. Then soak it every few days and use a pumice stone to rub it off. Since his palm got sweaty, it was a challenge but it did go away.

So no trip to the dermatologist. They said that the wart is a live thing, so the duct tape cuts off the oxygen. Putting duct tape on it alone would keep it from getting bigger, but it wouldn't get rid of it.

HTH

Back