Status
Not open for further replies.

smyles619

New Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Help? "Fatal error?"

<FONT face="Impact">Why Does My Computer Pop up in the blue screen?</FONT f>
<FONT COLOR="Blue">i keep geting a message that reads "FATAL EXCEPTION OCCURRED @ OD 0028-C14CC.</FONT c>
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??
AND ONCE IN A WHILE MY PC SHUTS DOWN AUTOMATICALLY? IS IT THE HARD DRIVE?? CAUSE I ALSO GET AN ERROR READING "WINDOWS PROTECTION ERROR"

SOME ONE HELP

What type of system do you have?
OS = win95 win98 win98SE???
CPU
RAM
video
sound
etc???????

sounds like a memory problem have you tried to reinstall your OS

------------------
In space no one can hear you fart

i've trying reinstalling windows 98 3 times and it still gives me that error once in awhile and shut down my pc. i just installed new ram 72 pin 60ns 128 mb. but i dont think that is the case since it happened even before that.

Need... more... info

Seriously, it sounds like a memory problem to me. When you installed the new RAM, did you remove the old chips?

------------------
"Qualifications for being a Moderator at Anandtech...? I think that you have to be 17 or under, and the lobomoty has to be total. Partial lobomoty only gets you Elite Member status."

Serendipity is looking for a needle in a haystack and finding the farmer's daughter.

I would check your irq settings, how many card u got in the machine?? if u have all your pci banks full like I do u might have to rearrange the cards to get them to properly, I would check the resource settings also to make sure nothing in conflicting

Have you checked your Bios version to see if there is an update.

try http://www.windrivers.com it will show you how to ID your MB if need be as well

------------------
In space no one can hear you fart

[Edited by AmeriDan @ May 03, 2000 (edited 1 time)]

thanks for all your help. i think im going to first rearrange my ram then... do a full reinstallation. meaning i have to delete everything on my hard drive..
frown.gif

i hope it works.. if not you'll be hearing from me again..

Microsoft has had many problems with their shutdown routines, so I recommend you do a search through their knowledgebase website.

Also might want to disable fast-shutdown and see if that does anything... I think it's contained in the 'msconfig' utility available on win98x in /windows/system

Hope this helps.

------------------
^Alien^ -- Alien Soup Administrator / Owner
["Everything was true. God was an alien. Oz really is over the
rainbow. ...and Midian is where the monsters live." -Nightbreed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back