What's new

Holiday Baking.....

deeblondbuzz

SuperLifeCoach
PF Member
Reaction score
Tell me what type of goodies you are making this year....

breads & rolls.

No sweets allowed in the house - mamma gotta lose the baby weight!

cookies & fudge for sure. Don't know what else yet.

Fudge, cookies, rice krispy treats, cupcakes.

Don't have any recipes handy - can't find my cookbook :eek:hreally:
I want to make peanut butter/chocolate fudge - it's 2 layers. I'm either going to have to "borrow" the recipe from my mom or find a different one to modify.

I usually make

fudge chocolate & peanut butter
pumpkin rolls
dipped pretzels
cookies -- snicker doodles, oatmeal raisin, choc. chip with pecans
oreo suprise
pecan pies
pumpkin pies

I think thats it, lol

Jackie

Pecans are soo expensive around here!

Have you guys ever made pumpkin fudge?

I have never tried pumpkin fudge, do you have a recipe?

btw..--I know what you mean about the pecans, I only make the pies for us at home.

Jackie

it's a southern living recipe from oct. 2005.....I'm gonna see if I can find it.

It's Great Pumpkin
Try one of these award-winning recipes for easy bake-and-take desserts.
Share the love of pumpkin with Mary McClure of Barboursville, West Virginia. Every year she wins big at the West Virginia Pumpkin Festival, held in Milton. If you're in the area the first weekend in October, check out the festival for a good time and great treats. Then, pick up a can of pumpkin, and try some of Mary's goodies. ANDRIA SCOTT HURST

PUMPKIN FUDGE

MAKES ABOUT 3 POUNDS

PREP: 10 MIN., COOK: 15 MlN., STAND: 2 HRS.

Line pan with aluminum foil before you begin to cook the fudge. Once the candy thermometer reaches 234° and the remaining ingredients are added, quickly spoon the fudge into the pan.

3 cups sugar

¾ cup melted butter

2/3 cup evaporated milk

½ cup canned pumpkin

2 tablespoons corn syrup

1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

1 (12-ounce) package white chocolate morsels

1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow crème

1 cup chopped pecans, toasted

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

STIR together first 6 ingredients in a 3 ½-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer registers 234° (soft-ball stage) or for about 12 minutes.

REMOVE pan from heat; stir in remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour into a greased aluminum foil-lined 9-inch square pan. Let stand 2 hours or until completely cool; cut fudge into squares.

deeblondbuzz said:
Tell me how to make fudge, woman!

Use the recipe on the back of the Kraft Marshallow stuff Jar. It is really easy to make. :)

sds74 said:
Use the recipe on the back of the Kraft Marshallow stuff Jar. It is really easy to make. :)

That's my secret recipe :lol:

the pumpkin fudge sounds yummy. I'll have to try it.

Jackie

I found a recipe for peanut brittle in the paper a few years ago that is soooo easy to make. it only takes a few minutes and you can make it in the microwave. :) I make it without the peanuts since I am allergic. If anyone wants it I will go look for it. :)

I cant wait to make pizelles, I love them, Yummy. And homemade caramels.
Oatmeal cookies, Chocolate chip cookies, Chocolate covered pretzels, Turtles, sugar cookies, Pies, Brownies, fudge, Peanut butter blossoms, I cant remember what else right now. We have a Huge family, and share with everyone.

Oh cant forget the fruitcake :) Its my grandmas recipe for a nobake fruitcake. It is so good, I cant stand the baked kind. This one has Marshmallows, cherries, raisins, grahams crackers, pecans, I think that is all. I make one with the pecans for me. :) and with the pecans for everyone else. yummy. :)

deeblondbuzz said:
It's Great Pumpkin
Try one of these award-winning recipes for easy bake-and-take desserts.
Share the love of pumpkin with Mary McClure of Barboursville, West Virginia. Every year she wins big at the West Virginia Pumpkin Festival, held in Milton. If you're in the area the first weekend in October, check out the festival for a good time and great treats. Then, pick up a can of pumpkin, and try some of Mary's goodies. ANDRIA SCOTT HURST

PUMPKIN FUDGE

TY!
I'm gonna give this one a try this year.

I made the Fudgy Peanut Butter Pie on the side of the Ricotta Cheese carton the other day. It was super good! I'll probably make that again for the holidays!

oh wait...maybe that doesn't count...it didn't requite any actual baking...you just mixed stuff up and it was ready!

I want some of everything. I have been so lazy/busy that I cant even put a frozen apple pie in the oven to make it. Thats sad!

Back