Chocolate Crinkles
Polka Dot Truffles
Lemon Bars

Fried Apple Pies
Snickerdoodles
Fudge
Raspberry Bars
Butternut Squash Bread
Sugared Pecans (If I can find pecans relatively cheap)
Soda Bread
Beer Cheese

MissChele

sds74 said:
I cant wait to make pizelles, I love them, Yummy. And homemade caramels.
Oatmeal cookies, Chocolate chip cookies, Chocolate covered pretzels, Turtles, sugar cookies, Pies, Brownies, fudge, Peanut butter blossoms, I cant remember what else right now. We have a Huge family, and share with everyone.

Oh cant forget the fruitcake :) Its my grandmas recipe for a nobake fruitcake. It is so good, I cant stand the baked kind. This one has Marshmallows, cherries, raisins, grahams crackers, pecans, I think that is all. I make one with the pecans for me. :) and with the pecans for everyone else. yummy. :)

What in the world is a pizelle?

PepperAnne said:
What in the world is a pizzelle?

I think they are Italian cookies (I really cant remember right now). They really good, They are thin cookies, I want to say brittle or crunchy but they are not hard. Maybe crisp is the right word. My brain is fried right now, I have been putting junk on ebay for the past 6-7 hours, and my computer is really slow.

Mostly flour, eggs, sugar. and either anise or vanilla (can't remember what else without the recipe in front of me, there is prob some baking powder in there too). I use vanilla because I think Anise tastes like black licorice. yuck.

you mix it together and put the batter in a pizzelle iron for a few seconds and they are done. You have to stand there and make them though, 2 at a time. Too bad you can't put them in a oven and do something else while they cook like regular cookies :) Hth :)

MissChele said:
Fried Apple Pies

That sounds so good, I really like fried pies. Especially pineapple ones, usually instead of a birthday cake I get fried pies yum :)

SavingEye said:
I have a thsnkgiving dinner tomorrow with my group at wk. I do not know whaat to cook.

do you have to bring a side dish or dessert?

sds74 said:
That sounds so good, I really like fried pies. Especially pineapple ones, usually instead of a birthday cake I get fried pies yum :)

I have not tried pineapple. Sounds good! I reconstitute dried apples and spice them like my Great Aunt Ethel taught me. When she turned 90, she cooked for thirty people and could not get these out of the skillet fast enough!!

MissChele

MissChele said:
I have not tried pineapple. Sounds good! I reconstitute dried apples and spice them like my Great Aunt Ethel taught me. When she turned 90, she cooked for thirty people and could not get these out of the skillet fast enough!!
MissChele

I love fried pies, they melt in your mouth. I really need to get my mom to help me make some. I guess I will try to bribe her with homemade caramels.

I know what you mean about getting them out of the skillet fast enough. Somebody taught my mom how to make them along time ago, and she said that they would keep for a week, not around this house they dont,lucky if they last 2 days.

My mom likes to take dried apricots, and cook them in a pan to make them juicier (I dont like the apricot pies).

sds74 said:
I love fried pies, they melt in your mouth. I really need to get my mom to help me make some. I guess I will try to bribe her with homemade caramels.

I know what you mean about getting them out of the skillet fast enough. Somebody taught my mom how to make them along time ago, and she said that they would keep for a week, not around this house they dont,lucky if they last 2 days.

My mom likes to take dried apricots, and cook them in a pan to make them juicier (I dont like the apricot pies).

I have tried (dried) peach and (pie filling) cherry, but there's nothing like the apple ones!!

You guys are making me HUNGRY!!! I shuldn't eat any of this since I need to loose all the weight gained during pregnancy!! Ugggghhhhh! Fudge!! Yum!:37:

I will be making lots n lots but some of the all time favorites are my:

Banana Cream Pie
Neiman Marcus Cookies
Pumpkin Pie
Chocolate Banana Cake

I will be trying Crabmeat Rangoon this year.

Patty C.

puka2005 said:
How do you make fried pie?

Basically it is a small circle of pie crust/dough about the size of a saucer or bread plate. put a little filling of your choice, pineapple, cherries, apple in the middle. Fold in half, then deep fry, only takes a few minutes, but they melt in your mouth. I love fried pies, wish I had a dozen right now :)

I made cheesecake for Thanksgiving, and will probably make more for Christmas... along with Pumpkin Bread, Cranberry Bread, ginger cookies, Snickerdoodles and Chocolate Crinkles. I futzed with all the recipes last year and finally got them where I like them - now I just have to adjust for altitude since I moved to Santa Fe (7000 feet) from California (sea level)

sds74 said:
Basically it is a small circle of pie crust/dough about the size of a saucer or bread plate. put a little filling of your choice, pineapple, cherries, apple in the middle. Fold in half, then deep fry, only takes a few minutes, but they melt in your mouth. I love fried pies, wish I had a dozen right now :)

I use flaky style canned biscuits. Don't use the butter flavored ones, the little "butter" bits make them hard to roll out.
OH - and I fry them with lard. Good enough for my great aunt who lived to be 99...

MissChele

Back