What's new

Holy **** my building is shaking BIG TIME

I felt nothing but my dog is acting weird. I'm in IL. Can dogs sense something that far?
Everyone on the East coast stay safe!

I felt nothing but my dog is acting weird. I'm in IL. Can dogs sense something that far?

They sure can and do!

Associated Press

NEW YORK — Buildings in New York City shook briefly Tuesday afternoon as an earthquake originating in Virginia rattled the ground.

Government buildings in the city, including City Hall, were evacuated. The 26-story federal courthouse in lower Manhattan began swaying and hundreds of people were seen leaving the building. Court officers weren't letting people back in.

I've been thinking about my dogs. I think I actually felt something from this quake/aftershock. I was sitting here at my desk and just felt kinda weird. Nothing around me was shaking or moving but it just felt like I was moving back and forth a little. Hard to describe. But a few minutes later I updated the CW posts and saw this thread and it made sense. I dunno. I've never felt an earthquake before.

Nobody else in the office has mentioned anything about feeling it. Hopefully the dogs are napping the afternoon away.

That was absolutely terrifying! Felt it big time here - my fridge and upright deep freezer did a little hootchy cootchy dance from side to side and half of my thimble collection fell down. The dogs hit the floor like they were trying to hold on and I didn't know what the **** to do! They tell us what do to in a tornado where I'm from - nobody said nothing about no earthquakes! So I just hung on to Moose and tried not to freak out in front of him. My heart is STILL racing.

My dogs predicted the Japan Tsunami… seriously. They were acting HELLA weird one night… then BAM!!

Now I just keep thinking about the discovery channel special about NYC and the overdue of a superquake. GAH.

Now I'm paranoid. Nothing like being on the 27th floor next to the stock exchange and feeling that swaying and floor bouncing. And that was a good distance away. I can't imagine a big one in nyc.

Jill couldn't text because there was no cell service or phone service for about 20 minutes because everyone was on it.

My boobs predicted the Japan Tsunami… seriously. They were acting HELLA weird one night… then BAM!!

Atta girl....

Now I just keep thinking about the discovery channel special about NYC and the overdue of a superquake. GAH.

Now I'm paranoid. Nothing like being on the 27th floor next to the stock exchange and feeling that swaying and floor bouncing. And that was a good distance away. I can't imagine a big one in nyc.

Jill couldn't text because there was no cell service or phone service for about 20 minutes because everyone was on it.

It's all good.. she's prolly too boozed up to know what's up anyways. :snort:

Scared the crap out of me! I am home ALONE and whole house starts shaking and moving:snicker: I thought about going to the basement:lol: but I don't have one!

Scared the crap out of me! I am home ALONE and whole house starts shaking and moving:snicker: I thought about going to the basement:lol: but I don't have one!

That's when u know you skurred… ready to go to a place that don't exist! :lol:

I heard this on the news when I was picking Billy up at the bus stop.

Hope it was good for you.... Get pipe laid one day and get your world rocked the next. You're on a good streak thare gurl!

Tazzy's building was rockin...so don't come a knockin.....

Well I've been told by many that they felt it here - but I didn't - I was driving a 2010 Chrysler 300, and didn't feel a thing.

My family is ok though, bit freaked but ok.

Back