What's new

Home Court Advantage Suggestion

Wengthemeng

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Lately, I have been convinced that basketball teams really do gain a slight advantage when they're playing on their home court. If this truly is the case, when playoffs come, shouldn't teams play in some sort of neutral basketball court? I know there isn't one made because each stadium belongs to a home team, but this is just a suggestion. What do you guys feel about this?:) The reason I bring this up because I don't feel that it's fair for a team to have an advantage just because they're at home court.

I honestly dont see how playing on your home court or another one has any advantage. Someone please explain. But if it actually does then i think that would be awesome for someone to set it up at a neutral court!

I honestly dont see how playing on your home court or another one has any advantage. Someone please explain. But if it actually does then i think that would be awesome for someone to set it up at a neutral court!

I was the same way as you once before! It is true though I think. Playing at home court does give you an advantage when playing because of the atmosphere of the stadium either supporting you or against you; this has an effect on both teams.

I was the same way as you once before! It is true though I think. Playing at home court does give you an advantage when playing because of the atmosphere of the stadium either supporting you or against you; this has an effect on both teams.

Oh so like when the crowd is more hyped up for one team? Then that gives them an advantage?

This is a very obvious answer to anyone who has every played a sport or been to a sporting event. The crowd is on your side obviously and the players are more comfortable and relaxed. The higher seeded team gets home court, which is fair.

This is a very obvious answer to anyone who has every played a sport or been to a sporting event. The crowd is on your side obviously and the players are more comfortable and relaxed. The higher seeded team gets home court, which is fair.

I agree with this. I think a team that put in the effort to win 60+ games should have an advantage over a team that wins 40+ games. Otherwise, once a team is guaranteed a playoff spot, they might not put in any more effort to win more games. After all, they won't get any advantage doing so.

Lately, I have been convinced that basketball teams really do gain a slight advantage when they're playing on their home court. If this truly is the case, when playoffs come, shouldn't teams play in some sort of neutral basketball court? I know there isn't one made because each stadium belongs to a home team, but this is just a suggestion. What do you guys feel about this?:) The reason I bring this up because I don't feel that it's fair for a team to have an advantage just because they're at home court.

I don't see much advantage to a home court team. Maybe a little inspiration from the fans cheering could be a plus but the game is still played 5 versus 5. Officiating though can get a little biased sometimes but for me, that the least concern a player should be worried.

It's fine the way it is. The teams with the best records in the regular season earn this advantage. Home court is a huge advantage, just look at the home records of the best teams in the NBA, they rarely lose at home.

home court advantages is really important because if the fans cheer you up that can lead to a boost of morale and there is no way that cant be helpful in a match.

I don't think this is necessary because each team has their chance to play in their own court. Yes there is an advantage but even so home teams sometimes lose and sometimes win. Home crowd can sometimes affect the game's outcome simply by distracting the enemy or boosting up their teams confidence.

Oh so like when the crowd is more hyped up for one team? Then that gives them an advantage?

Yes, one of the ways that an advantage given is the one you stated. In addition, if you read the other posts that have been posted below you, a lot of the advantage is due to the crowd cheering and support. If you look at some of the best teams in the NBA, their record at home is really good.

Back