What's new

Hostess Going out of Business

Hostess is a household name...I'm wondering if another company will buy it? A world without Twinkies is just sad!

I heard that someone will probably buy the names/rights to twinkies. Yep now we can telll our future grandkids "I remember the REAL twiinkies and suzie Q's"

There is a top secret "secret recipe" for twinkies
http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/home.php

Now I want to try making them!

did anyone find/buy any twinkies today? walmart is out . I found a few zingers and cupcakes by hostess at target.

I thought Dolly Madison made the Zingers...I heard on WGN radio that Pabst is interested in buying the company...that's an interesting product mix...

I thought Dolly Madison made the Zingers...I heard on WGN radio that Pabst is interested in buying the company...that's an interesting product mix...

toger I listen to WGN radio all day long and when I heard that, I totally thought of you. :lol:

(what do you think about John Williams leaving?)

Well sort of. Hostess is also the maker/owner of the Dolly Madison brand which makes Zingers, so everything Dolly Madison is gone for now too.

After reading the paper this morning, I smell a ploy by management. My thought is that they closed the plants down to create interest in a potential sale to the highest bidder. Look at the people hoarding the product all of a sudden. This creates interest amongst other companies and the sale price shoots up. We'll see. Til then hoard people hoard there is money to be made on ebay.

After reading the paper this morning, I smell a ploy by management. My thought is that they closed the plants down to create interest in a potential sale to the highest bidder. Look at the people hoarding the product all of a sudden. This creates interest amongst other companies and the sale price shoots up. We'll see. Til then hoard people hoard there is money to be made on ebay.

I think your sense of smell might be off :snort:

"Fortune's Dan Primack noted that various Hostess brands are also expected to generate interest from the private equity world, even though the company's current owners, private equity firm Ripplewood Holdings, is expected to lose its entire investment in Hostess. Ripplewood Holdings purchased part of Hostess after it exited Chapter 11 in 2009. "

The only ones to get much out of it are likely to be those people owed money and in bankruptcy they usually get screwed too.

Hostess closures take bite out of Jewel's private-label bread

Baker made Essential Everyday brand for Supervalu stores

The closure of Hostess plants as the company faces liquidation leaves Supervalu Inc. looking for a new baker for Essential Everyday breads sold in it stores, including the Jewel chain.

Hostess produced the private label bread brand Supervalue launched this year.

"It is possible that in some markets there may be some shortages of Essential Everyday, but we are quickly working to implement our contingency plan," spokesman Mike Siemienas said. "We're working with some vendors to produce more and others to produce the product."

The Hostess plant in Hodgkins that produces Essential Everyday bread also makes Beefsteak, Butternut, Home Pride, Nature's Pride and Wonder breads.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busin...-private-label-bread-20121116,0,5630029.story

32300_10151254138579658_93399649_n.jpg

So let it be written, So let it be done!

:lol:

I heard that someone will probably buy the names/rights to twinkies. Yep now we can telll our future grandkids "I remember the REAL twiinkies and suzie Q's"

There is a top secret "secret recipe" for twinkies
http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/home.php

Now I want to try making them!

The original twinkies I think were made with banana creame filling. I don't rember them I think it was WWII that it changed to the filling that is now.

Steve LMFAO at the teamsters burying the Twinkie. :lol:

The outlet in Harvey or CCHills...the one on Kedzie & 167th-ish...everything in the store is BOGO. Stocked up on bread. I'm going to miss that place. :pout: I usually went a couple times a month for bread.

FOX said this morning that maybe a Mexican company is looking at Hostess. I haven't had a Twinkie in forever, and I don't think my kids have ever had one, but making them in Mexico - that's not right!

FOX said this morning that maybe a Mexican company is looking at Hostess. I haven't had a Twinkie in forever, and I don't think my kids have ever had one, but making them in Mexico - that's not right!

Possibly:
"Con Agra and Flowers Foods are among the companies that have expressed interest in Hostess, but Mexican company El Grupo Bimbo may have an edge, the Christian Science Monitor reported Saturday. Grupo Bimbo, headed by Mexican billionaire Daniel Servitje Montull, is the largest bread-baking company in the world. Economists say part of the reason Hostess struggled was due to high sugar tariffs meant to protect local producers, the Monitor reported.
Grupo Bimbo could take advantage of lower sugar prices in Mexico"

Bimbo bought the Sara Lee brand of breads earlier this year or last year.

Bimbo bought the Sara Lee brand of breads earlier this year or last year.

I did read they likely would be blocked from buying the Wonder Bread part of Hostess on antitrust issues since they are the biggest bread maker in the US already.

Back