What's new

How do I use my S-Video port for Karaoke?

JRS7

Emerging Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I have a Dell that's about a year old, and it has an S-Video out on the back. Am I understanding correctly, that I can somehow get just the Lyrics window on my Karaoke software to come out of the S-Video port? Or can I only output my whole computer screen from the S-Video port?

I just bought JustKaraoke, that's what I'll be using.....

I've read about 'extended desktop', I'm guessing it has something to do with this?

Thankx in advance.

JRS7

There is an adapter...and I can't remember the name of it or where I got it (lotta help I am) that is basically s-video/rca jack! It's awesome...you can output both video and audio. Now granted it won't be super duper awesome quality but it will do well for karaoke...I'm sure someone else can tell you what that little adapter is. I got like three of them for 10 bucks.

I see the adapters on Ebay, lots of S-Video to RCA Composite.....the question is whether or not I can configure to output JUST the Lyrics window and not everything on my computer screen?

I thought I had read this somewhere.......

Messed with it some more, and figured it out! Very cool, only the lyrics screen on the TV, all the rest for me on the computer screen.

Why can't we just go "S" out on the computer to "S" in on the TV/Projector?

Back