What's new

How do you game?

The only thing I even use joysticks for are flight sims.
If you don't play them, you don't need a joystick anymore. Gamepads are easier to use for most games.

Definately Keyboard and mouse for me when i play FPS

W=forward
S=backward
D=strafe right
A=strafe left

space = jump
C=crouch

use mouse to turn/look up/down/whatever
scroll to change weapons
mouse 1 to fire primary
mouse 2 to fire secondary.

X-51 said:
Definately Keyboard and mouse for me when i play FPS

W=forward
S=backward
D=strafe right
A=strafe left

space = jump
C=crouch

use mouse to turn/look up/down/whatever
scroll to change weapons
mouse 1 to fire primary
mouse 2 to fire secondary.

Wow, way to customize those controls!
:lol:

I hate WASD, I use the arrows. The reason; I use the mouse in my left hand (I'm not left handed, I can use the mouse in both, I just like left). Then, since I have a wierd keyboard I can use Ctrl, Shift, Enter, and Ins for other commands.

The problem with the arrow keys are that they're not universal in a lot of games. In quite a few games, left arrow and right arrow don't correspond to strafe, so it puts you at a significant disadvantage.
Of course, you could always customize it. ;)

Diesel said:
Of course, you could always customize it. ;)

That's what I always do. I don't even use keys for left/right.

I got an MS Optical Mouse,
non-descript old Compaq keyboard i found in the basement after I spilled a liter of coke in my old one,
early-80s ATARI mousepad. It's been with me my whole life. ;)
I have an old Gravis Gamepad Pro... hardly use it though, think mouse+keyboard is far superior.
I use ESDF instead of WASD though.. gives you a few more buttons to use.

I have a dell customized from the alienware specifications (because its cheaper -_-).

I usually use :
q w e r than my mouse:)
w s a d
shift
space
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
I'm a little obsessive when it comes to pc game play and all that, everything has to be right!

Had to order a Logitech MX 510 which is a gaming mouse...
Than I ordered a SteelPad 4s...expensive wow...40$ mouse pad (worth it!)
only problem with that is you need this teflon tape strips with cost 5$ per 2 strips and you need more every month or 2.

I use the standard key config, but I can not, for the life of me, play with a 1st Person shooter with a mouse! I need to use a trackball. My favorite? The Logictech TrackMan Wheel. With that, I can play with the best of them. Without it, I can't beat a grandma! :lol:

I'm using a Logitech Trackman Marble FX trackball (finger-operated, w/ the big solid heavy ball) and keyboard for most FPS games. I also have a Logitech Dual Action controller (PSX Rev.2 style gamepad w/ dual analog sticks), but I can use it for only a few games including Halo. Halo is about the only FPS game I found that I can play well with a controller. But aiming using the trackball is much easier! I never liked mice on the PC, because their balls are far too light -- the best mouse I ever used was the Amiga 3000 mouse with the heavy rubber-coated steel ball, but it doesn't work on a PC (but then, Amiga mice were always more expensive than PC mice -- which PC user would've paid $65 for a mouse?). I used to be quite good with the keyboard alone on Duke Nukem 3D, using the numeric pad for steering and aiming. Tweaking the controls settings is always a good idea! :)

Back