What's new

how do you handle drunks ?

dj john

Emerging Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
most of the time its not a problem for me but lately there has been a few that have been getting under my skin . Last night this one girl sang 15 songs and only filled the slip out right once .The rest of the time I started the song only to hear thats not my song ,so I stop look up the song and start over again

implement a rule that if the request slip isnt filled out proper that likely the singer isnt in shape to use the professional gear provided for customer enjoyment. Their turn will be canceled and if fixed will be put into the next rotation.

Screwy song slips don't bother me much. I just move the drunk back in the rotation "while I find the right track". No dead air allowed. Next singer up please. Sometimes it takes me a while to find it.

Oh, yeah, I always try to hand the drunks my cheap mics.

I do have a rule that if you are too drunk to look it up in a book you are too drunk to sing maybe I should take it a step further
As for the mics last night was easy the bar supplies everything but the karaoke player and music but you are right other bars drunks get the cheap mics as my batteries die on my good ones for some reason when a drunk tries to use them

I do have a rule that if you are too drunk to look it up in a book you are too drunk to sing

Wouldn't be bad, but won't work in a dark bar or with older, blinder patrons...:sqwink:

If wacked slips are the worst problem you have with drunks, smile and look up their song, if you don't already know where it is ( Do ya really have to LOOK UP Paradise? :sqerr:) and hand 'em the drunk mic....

The only exception is if they're to drunk to SING. Then they kinda get forgotten accidentally. :sqcool:. Nobody needs a weaving drooler staring glassy eyed at the screen trying to form words.....

I agree with....

"If you can't fill out simple instructions correctly, you are too drunk to sing, or you are just a blooming idiot and you don't deserve to sing."

By calling security.

Security uses a different method: One hand gripping Belt, other hand gripping collar/neck, ...

pfftt.. In NY they just use a baseball bat. :sqeek::sqlaugh:

Note to self: Behave in NY clubs.

But if they are wearing Yankee gear the can't get a decent hit.:sqwink:

Rethink yourself.

I would never let anyone sing 15 times in 4.5 hours. The customers got to be running away. Even when it's slow I try not to let people sing more than 2 times an hour.

Fill the extra time with music the bar patrons will thank you.

small rotation isn't the word for it tiny is more like it .Around here I usually won't get more than 8 to 10 singers on a good night (I live in a small town ) but Sat was one of the worst until later .On a good note once the drunk girl couldn't sing as often due to other people signing up she left

Back