What's new

How do you park your car?

Kirk

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
A bit of a random question, but I was just reading an article on parallel parking and was interesting in how people park their cars?

I personally *hate* reversing; I just don't feel confident doing it, partly because I have yet to get a feel for how large the car is and what sort of spaces I can fit the car into. It also doesn't help that I spent all my driving lessons using a wing-mirror assist that helped me avoid curbs etc. Whenever I park, I try to go forward into a space (and in multistory car parks I'm still not confident; too small); I never reverse into a space and I never try to parallel park.

I've parked in some pretty tight spaces advantages of having a KA (Pretty **** I miss my polo **** ice ;/)

I go in forward normally if however your a company called "Network Rail" then some of there sites have a reverse in only policy. I only reverse into my drive if i have stuff in the boot.

If I see the space ahead I drive in but if I drive past it as I see it then I reverse in. Either way I can park fine so it doesn't bother me. It does help that I had to park in a car park every single day at school and had to either drive in or reverse in depending on where the space was, so this has given me a lot of practice.

I usually reverse it but if i have enough space, i go straight in. I dont have problems parking anywhere

I generally just go straight in, and pull ahead if there's an empty space in front of me. I prefer to reverse on my way out, not on my way in; people are generally easier to avoid than two cars on either side of me. P:

I won't parallel park on busy streets, not because I can't, but because I know it pisses me off when someone does it in front of me and I then have to wait a million years for them to get out of the way so I don't do it to other people. On quiet streets I will no problem though.

As for pulling in or reversing, either works for me. I can more or less whip my SUV into any spot in one go.
It always scares my hubby. XD

As for pulling in or reversing, either works for me. I can more or less whip my SUV into any spot in one go.
It always scares my hubby. XD

Haha my parents have a Land Rover and my mum can parallel park in one go and it's crazy, especially with how small the spaces are here. I find it difficult in my little Clio :eek: Who ever said women were bad at parking?!

i pull in forward almost all of the time. i've actually never had to parallel park either and probably won't.

If there are enough free parking spaces, I'll usually just pull through so that I don't have to back in our out when I park. Sometimes I'll back in as well, since I don't like backing out of a parking space. :p

Back