What's new

How do you stay cool in the summer?

3DWaffle1

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Is it getting hot in your area? How do you stay cool in the summer? How to cool yourself without Air Conditioning?

By drinking lots & lot of "iced tea."

Or just put ice in everything, and play in a garden sprinkler

Saw some rain and good climate today. Hope it stays this way for a while.

By having lots of "bitter" Chinese tea.

I like in Texas. It's hard to stay cool anytime of the year, but during the summer it's almost better to stay indoors lol.

How do I stay cool? I like in England so I barely have any issues ;)

To be honest, it is quite hard to stay cool in Summer. But I try to feel cool anyway.

I normally drink a lot of water and it really helps me.

Usually water and A/C will keep me from over heating. If it gets too hot though I just won't do anything so I don't get too hot.

I have AC, but I don't like using it because its wasteful and inefficient, not to mention expensive to run. We just open all of the doors and windows, turn on all the fans, and dress lightly and it seems to work fine for us.

recommend checking this out: http://www.wikihow.com/Cool-Yourself-Without-Air-Conditioning it helped me!

I have spend my hot summer in UK in summer the weather of UK is wonderful. I have visited this beautiful country a lot of time and have fun there. It has many place to visit but one place which i like and want to spend time there is "Oxford" it is very popular all over the world due to Oxford university with elegant spires pricking the skyline and impressive colleges at every turn. The oldest university and its museums are inspirational and more to the city than intellectual pursuits with a lively music scene and raucous nightlife.

To keep cool, I'd suggest freezing multiple bottles of water and taking them with you. When they melt you get a refreshing cold drink. :)
You can also use the bottle as an ice pack. :p

What I find usually helps is getting a cold wet cloth and putting it on my forehead while laying down in front of the fan. :3

I really like drinking lemon ice water or ice tea and half cup water every half to one hour on very hot days. This way I keep hydrated.

tanking shower 2, 3 times a day, drinking a lot of water and using smoothies and juices

Back