What's new

how fast can you type?

monsieurjohn

Peak Forum Legend
PF Member
Reaction score
(i thought we had a thread like this, but i can't find it so i'm starting a new one)

my current job involves a lot of typing, and i've always been a fast typist, but i think it's getting a little out of hand. this web site says i type at 115 wpm with zero errors :eek:

http://www.typeonline.co.uk/typingspeed.php

72 wpm with zero errors.

I found a couple of times that my hands were going faster than my brain could keep up. :lol:

i tells me 61 words per minute with one error, but i know i made at least 2 others for no capitalization....

50 words per min. Wow I need to practice more.

I also got 72wpm with no mistakes, though I had to take some time to scroll the page back up to click the stop button (not sure if it accounts for that or not).

I know I can type faster when someone is dictating to me, but I'm guessing that I fluctuate around 60-80wpm.

115wpm is pretty crazy...

Hahaha, apparently pretty slow compared to you guys!

64 wpm, with 2 errors. I know I was pretty good my freshman year in my HS typing class, I was always best in the class, and I think my fastest was 90 wpm, but still JEEZ.

hrm, weird. i was kinda hoping this thing had inflated scoring and everyone would be way above what they thought. i must be typing an unhealthy amount... crap.

60 wpm with zero errors. :)

(I type a bit faster while programming, usually.)

Back