What's new

How many people are city dwellers?

poigirl

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Just curious. I live in the burbs but work in the city and I have much better luck with stock and WTs in the city. Never have much luck in the burbs.

Does everyone do their couponing in the 'burbs and this isn't a city thing?

i too live in the city and work in the burbs. i use WT at the doms in park ridge very easily...

I live in NW Indiana, but about 5 minutes from the border. I always find good stock in the city, just hate the tax there.

I went into the city today, I have all the intention to check out a couple of Jewel/Dom's for WTs, but after a long day in the traffics, too tired to do that!

I live in a city (300 people, but it's chartered a city by the state) :) We just got our 3rd 4 way stop intersection...what next??? A flashing red light???

I live in a city (300 people, but it's chartered a city by the state) :) We just got our 3rd 4 way stop intersection...what next??? A flashing red light???
That first traffic light is a major shock. My town had none when I first moved here, then we got one in the town's center [the intersection of 2 streets]. It was traumatic and a major PITA. You feel like an idiot waiting for the light to turn green at 5am when there are no cars in sight, yet know you can't go through a red or risk a ticket and insurance surcharges.

It was only a matter of maybe 10 years and we've gone from one traffic light to four!

The worst thing is that the town ambulance on the way to the emergency dept at the hospital is now slowed down by several critical minutes. They won't go through red lights.

To answer the OP's question: I live in the boonies, worked in the city and always found sales stock better in the city stores [I loved that Stop & Shop in North Prov near Benny's].

I lived in the city of Chicago for years, and now live in DC proper. I find there are far fewer couponers in cities. Stock remains pretty plentiful, and when coupon books (for example) are put out, they remain in the racks for days.

That first traffic light is a major shock. My town had none when I first moved here, then we got one in the town's center [the intersection of 2 streets]. It was traumatic and a major PITA. You feel like an idiot waiting for the light to turn green at 5am when there are no cars in sight, yet know you can't go through a red or risk a ticket and insurance surcharges.

I think the only stoplight in the county turns to a flashing red between midnight and 6AM...probably because the only places open are a couple of bars until 1AM & Casey's doesn't open until 5AM...Casey's is a great place to find pop, juice, and candy coupons...sometimes a Beer MIR...

Ok, is it arrogant of me to assume this was in the Jewel forum and we were talking about "the city," meaning Chicago?

The other posters started to confuse me with their responses until I looked to see this wasn't in the jewel forum...lol

Ok, is it arrogant of me to assume this was in the Jewel forum and we were talking about "the city," meaning Chicago?

The other posters started to confuse me with their responses until I looked to see this wasn't in the jewel forum...lol
Even us non Chicago folks read & post in the Jewel forums...because we can. :lol:

Hey...I used to have a Jewel...now the closest one is 40 miles away...thank goodness DS works close by so he can keep me supplied with Busch's Summer Sausage and Italian Beef from the deli...

Back