What's new

How often do you go to sporting events?

Electrify

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Like the title says, how often do you go to sporting events. It doesn't have to be at the league level, and can be any sporting event.

Personally, due to money issues I don't go to many games. I'll watch my university's hockey team sometimes, and get dragged to football games sometimes, again my school team. I'll catch a few NHL games a year if I'm lucky to snag tickets and at decent prices. I'll say I go to around 3-4 NHL games a year at most.

What about you guys?

Not many sporting events in the city i live in, so i go rarely.
I support my national soccer team as much as i can although they're pathetic.

The NHL team I support isn't even near to where I live. At least I can see them once a year at home, if I beat the ticket mob. :p

Too bad there aren't too many sporting events where you are. Aside from the local teams, the only team we have here are CFL football and NHL hockey.

Good for you for supporting your national team even though they're terrible! There's nothing that annoys me more than bandwagoners that ditch their team the moment they start losing. Stick with your team!

Didn't go to a single sports event in my life.
I live in Israel, nothing I can do about it.

It's not always easy to support a terrible under-performing national team.
When you see that the players just don't care about their national team, it's very demoralizing.

Now that my brother is out of college I don't go to too many any more. I live in Wisconsin and usually get to 1 Packer game per season. My kids are getting older now and getting into sports. It will be great to watch them grow and learn through the love of the game(s)!

Didn't go to a single sports event in my life.
I live in Israel, nothing I can do about it.
That's too bad. Do you wish you could go see a sporting event though? If you had the opportunity would you go?

It's not always easy to support a terrible under-performing national team.
When you see that the players just don't care about their national team, it's very demoralizing.
I can only imagine how tough it can be to support a team that performs badly. I'm amazed to hear that the players themselves don't seem to care! Wow, that's got to be very demoralizing when the players don't care. That really must really effect the fans.

We just don't go to as many as we used to because of money. We do still try to get to local sporting events. One of our favorites is a basketball game between two local rival high schools. It is called "fight for the fish". I don't know the story behind it, but it has became an annual double-header event where both the boys and girls varsity teams battle it out. The trophy is a fish. No, not a real one! It is a lot of fun to watch both games.

Now that my brother is out of college I don't go to too many any more. I live in Wisconsin and usually get to 1 Packer game per season. My kids are getting older now and getting into sports. It will be great to watch them grow and learn through the love of the game(s)!
I don't have any kids and don't plan to for a very long time, but it must be great to watch them grow up and fall in the with the game(s). Any influencing on them for what teams to cheer for and which teams to boo? ;)

We just don't go to as many as we used to because of money. We do still try to get to local sporting events. One of our favorites is a basketball game between two local rival high schools. It is called "fight for the fish". I don't know the story behind it, but it has became an annual double-header event where both the boys and girls varsity teams battle it out. The trophy is a fish. No, not a real one! It is a lot of fun to watch both games.
I understand the money issue, especially with the economy these days. "Fight for the Fish" is the best name for a game ever. I would go and watch that game, just because of that. I immediately thought this when you said the trophy was a fish for some reason.

images

I used to have one of these singing fish things years ago. It freaked out my brother when he was young.

Do they get a trophy in a shape of a fish then, if they're not getting live fish? :p

That's too bad. Do you wish you could go see a sporting event though? If you had the opportunity would you go?

I can only imagine how tough it can be to support a team that performs badly. I'm amazed to hear that the players themselves don't seem to care! Wow, that's got to be very demoralizing when the players don't care. That really must really effect the fans.
I wish I could go to matches in London and the whole UK itself, would be lots of fun, still not late though :)

I go to most of the University of Utah basketball and football games, and occasionally will make it to a Jazz game, but other than that not much. I guess we also have a AAA affiliate of the Angels here, but it's hard to really get into minor league baseball because of roster turnover.

I don't go to many events either but I do watch them online or on TV. We don't get many "good" games here except maybe for soccer ones, which I don't really care about.

I'm out and about a good few times a week... more or less. :) I love to be part of many aspects of team sports.

Sometimes, we are required by our PE class to watch and support our college basketball team. They're pretty lame though. I also watch minor league volleyball and I join the intramurals in our department.

Well, I race circle track at a couple tracks in my area, and one of them has a circle track on one side of the grandstands, and on the opposite side is a drag strip, So along with racing, I'm at the tracks spectating at least once a week.

I wish I could go to matches in London and the whole UK itself, would be lots of fun, still not late though :)
I'm with you there! I not a big soccer fan, but I would love to head to the UK and catch a few games. I agree, it's never too late! Just start saving up now! ;)

I see a few regularly attend some sporting events, and other just catch them on TV. That's not a bad way to watch the game either. Less chance of someone spilling beer on you! :p

We don't go to that many sporting events! We may go to a few Chattanooga Lookout games per season. We also live pretty close to the local high school. We take my son to see a couple of those games per season also.

Not many to be honest, very rarely do I go to any professional sports events although I do go to some amateur events like basketball and even take part sometimes.

My soccer team is at 500 km, so I never go to matches. In my town, there was a team, but now it has been relegated in the second division and it's one step away from being dissolved due to financial reasons. Once at 2 months maybe I go at countryside and watch the local soccer team in the 5th league :)

I'm with you there! I not a big soccer fan, but I would love to head to the UK and catch a few games. I agree, it's never too late! Just start saving up now! ;)

I see a few regularly attend some sporting events, and other just catch them on TV. That's not a bad way to watch the game either. Less chance of someone spilling beer on you! :p
I wish I would move to London or something, it would be amazing :)

Back