What's new

How to use up cereal?

Fill your bathtub with Cheerios and then dive in!
Ssorry my tubs just ain't that big. Any more clever ideas???

SOOOOOOOOO many Cheerios, Fiber One HN cheerios. SOOOOOOO little room. And getting more today. What to do what to do ????? And using the overage to get a few of the Kellogg cuz that be like 25 cent each. But I fond of Frosted Flakes :):giggles:

so if i pay $1 for a box of cheerios, you guys would laugh at me? :)

You are kidding right????? a dollar :giggles::giggles::giggles::giggles: Well, was a dollar from overage cuz that would be ok :) I mean, Like, what's overage for if not to get the stuff you really like

I don't have a Jewel. The cheapest box of Cheerios when on sale is 1.99. With the $3/3 coupon, it will be 1.00 a box. Even then I didn't want to buy it because it is not my favorite cereal. I will buy what I will eat, not for stockpiling purposes. Not everyone get overages...

Ranger Cookies

This is not the exact recipe. I used one from Bon Appetit 20+ years ago. This one is close enough. I substitute any leftover cereal and I change out the coconut for anything I have on hand choc chips, brickle chips, butterscotch, broken up candy bars after Halloween. I also change out the sugars to whatever I have on hand including maple syrup, molasses, cane syrup etc. I have never made tow batches exactly the same.

Ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup flaked coconut
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup shortening
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups rolled oats
2 eggs
2 cups crisp rice cereal
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Cream shortening, add sugar gradually. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy.
3. Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder together and mix with the first mixture. Add oatmeal, rice cereal, and coconut. Mix well.
4. Drop by tablespoons on slightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes.

Back