What's new

I can't stand Oprah, has she no shame?

ennui

Legend Of The Universe
PF Member
Reaction score
Will she say anything to get a reaction for tv?

I'm offended by her insulting treatment of Dr.William Petit Jr., the man who had his wife & 2 young daughters raped, tortured, then burned alive by those animals in Connecticut. The crime was so brutal, the animals who committed the crimes were just sentenced to death, something that rarely happens in CT.

Oprah had the nerve to ask Dr. Petit if he could forgive the murderers. WTF!!!!

I'm behind you both. Does anyone remember when she took over AM Chicago? She was more relateable back then. Then she became all zen and weird. If she goes away I won't miss her.

Oprah is a caricature of herself now. I remember her back in the mid 80s. She was normal. I can't tell you when I sat down and watched a full show of hers.

I only enjoy watching Oprah on the Color Purple....

Sophia Sophia Sophia

I haven't watched her show in about 10 years....are her and Gail riding the hobbyhorse?

Each others?

Is Stedman still around and is she still paying for his love child?

I thought Oprah and Gail were high school gym teachers.....

My jr. high gym teacher was named Mrs. ****.

Oh the fun we had with that.

I loves me some Oprah (which is odd because she's so damned li-ber-al).....watch it nearly everyday. What did I miss? Is this today's show? Will watch at 4:00.

She's had several guests on her shows over the years who have had horrific things done to them and or their loved ones by others and it seems most have said that forgiveness has been their biggest step to healing so I'm guessing that's why she said that.

I could be wrong though as I have not watched the show yet.

I loves me some Oprah (which is odd because she's so damned li-ber-al).....watch it nearly everyday. What did I miss? Is this today's show? Will watch at 4:00.

She's had several guests on her shows over the years who have had horrific things done to them and or their loved ones by others and it seems most have said that forgiveness has been their biggest step to healing so I'm guessing that's why she said that

I could be wrong though as I have not watched the show yet.
I'm not at all familiar with this story but it sounds like the guy had/paid others to do these horrid things to his family? If so, why would anyone ask if he could forgive them? HE was the one that caused it. Or am I not understanding?

I'm not at all familiar with this story but it sounds like the guy had/paid others to do these horrid things to his family? If so, why would anyone ask if he could forgive them? HE was the one that caused it. Or am I not understanding?

I don't think that is the same story you are talking about here. Or I didn't know at al about that twist.

No he was beat up and tied to a post downstairs as his wife and kids were raped and beaten. The dirtbags then sent the wife to the bank to take out I think, 10,000. She then informed the bank to call the cops because what was going down at her house. She then went back and gave the money to the men thinking they'd leave. The husband escaped but was too late, his daughters and wife were killed and the cops did nothing to help because they didn't know if it was real or not.

No he was beat up and tied to a post downstairs as his wife and kids were raped and beaten. The dirtbags then sent the wife to the bank to take out I think, 10,000. She then informed the bank to call the cops because what was going down at her house. She then went back and gave the money to the men thinking they'd leave. The husband escaped but was too late, his daughters and wife were killed and the cops did nothing to help because they didn't know if it was real or not.
They were beaten. The husband was tied to a post in the basement as he heard the anguished screams of his wife & daughters upstairs as they were repeatedly raped & tied to their beds. Then the beds, bedrooms & rest of the home was dowsed in gasoline & set on fire.

When Dr, Petit was finally able to escape, the house was so much on fire he couldn't reach his family...he was bleeding badly & crawled to a neighbor's for help.

Oprah wanted to know if he could forgive the animals who did that.

Back