What's new

I miss Robert Irvine on Dinner Impossible

Tazznum1

Legend Of The Universe
PF Member
Reaction score
I hate that other guy. My Tivo still thinks I want to record Dinner Impossible. I hate it now with the new host.

Robert was the man. If he wasn't, they wouldn't rerun the old DI on Food Network. I don't care who he lied about cooking for. He was a fun chef.

Yes, Tazzy, there is a Santa Clause!!!

http://www.slashfood.com/2008/11/20/robert-irvine-to-return-to-dinner-impossible/

Robert Irvine to Return to 'Dinner: Impossible'

Posted Nov 20th 2008 12:28PM by Marisa McClellan
Filed under: Television/Film, Celebrities
robert irvine wielding a pepper millLast February, Chef Robert Irvine was removed from his Food Network show, Dinner: Impossible, after it came to light that he had falsified his resume to make his work experience more impressive. Chef Michael Symon was brought in to replace Irvine on the show and the scandal quietly faded away.

Now, in a surprising move, the Food Network has announced that they plan on bringing Irvine back to the show and will be filming six new episodes featured him that will begin airing in March 2009. He says of his return, "I am very excited to continue taping more episodes of 'Dinner: Impossible. I am thrilled to further my relationship with the network and embark on more challenging episodes of this popular series."

They thought that they had to fire him to save face. They also thought people would turn against him and they needed to get someone else pronto. Asshats thought wrong. Not that many people really cared if he cooked for the Queen or whatever he said. They watched because of Robert's personality.

One of my favorite episodes was the doughnut making one. :)

Six new episodes of the show will begin production this month, Food Network spokeswoman Carrie Welch said in a written statement.

“Our audience has continued to demonstrate its interest in and support for Robert,” Welch said. “He has taken responsibility and made a conscious effort to clear the air, rebuild the relationship with Food Network and apologize for the earlier inaccuracies.”

Translation = we f'ed up for firing him.

Yeah!! I love Irvine. Do not like the new guy and haven't watched any of the new shows but one. I heard about them firing him for beefing up his resume. I figured he was getting the job done and had my attention so he must be pretty good, resume or no resume. Why fire him? I am sure there were some other consequences they could have doled out for his faux pas.

Same thing with Dog the Bounty Hunter. He drops the N bomb on a phone call to his son. Fire him. People demand he gets hired back. : poof : Back he is.

It's all about $, nothing else. If it was for their actions that they deem so bad they must fire them asap, they should never hire them back. Otherwise, it must have not be that bad in the corporation eyes.

bumping with he is on restaurant: impossible

He is also competing in Iron Chef Masters...

Why the time travel everywhere? And why am I forced to continue it by asking the question?

Why the time travel everywhere? And why am I forced to continue it by asking the question?

Today, 02:42 AM

Good enough answer?:hurt::hurt::hurt:

I like that new-ish show of his where he helps people "fix" their restaurants and bring in new business. I watch it every now and again.

Back