What's new

I need a new washer....suggestions, please!

Honestly I would just find someone who could fix it.

Unless the motor is totally burnt out or there is a hole in the drum, washers are pretty low-tech if you're handy. I have replaced belts, etc. I also know an "old" handyman who knows how to fix whatever. My 16yo fixed our dryer when it wouldn't turn on, it needed a new sensor. I think it was around $5 at Sears.

Anyway if you truly want to buy I would buy a loploader. I have never had any trouble with mine and my stepmom HATES her frontloader. Mine is not HE though. It's the highest capacity top loader GE had available at the time I bought it (2005).

My SIL went thru three front loaders in the last year or so.(She returned each one). She has three very active children and the new front loaders did not get her clothes clean like her previous machine and the "energy efficient top load " machines made her electric bill climb astonomicly. She has returned to a top loader and is very happy.

Honestly I would just find someone who could fix it.

Unless the motor is totally burnt out or there is a hole in the drum, washers are pretty low-tech if you're handy. I have replaced belts, etc. I also know an "old" handyman who knows how to fix whatever. My 16yo fixed our dryer when it wouldn't turn on, it needed a new sensor. I think it was around $5 at Sears.

Anyway if you truly want to buy I would buy a loploader. I have never had any trouble with mine and my stepmom HATES her frontloader. Mine is not HE though. It's the highest capacity top loader GE had available at the time I bought it (2005).

We already had to pay the repair man that came out this morning $45 and that was cheap compared to the others. He said the motor was gone and it would cost to much to repair.

The top loader LG 4.2 cu.ft top loader HE washer went on sale last month for 649 with 10% discount on appliances 399 and up. Then if you use a Sears card, you get add'l 5% discount. Since the registers @ our Sears are still running on DOS :lol:, the cashier couldn't take off the delivery charges since they offer free delivery. So what they did was add delivery charges (but then the 10% and 5% was also taken off that) Then they gave me refund of the delivery charges PLUS tax. I couldn't understand their math but all I know was they came up with 566.89, delivered and I'm happy with that. I also earned 17.00 worth on their program, SYWR to use on my next purchase @ Sears.

I use only 3 tbsp of Tide liquid per regular load and so far so good. The spin feature is very efficient that clothes come out damp, I just hang them on the foldable clothes rack I bought from Aldi for $10. I've saved a lot from running my gas dryer.

Sears Outlet shopping.
I learned this while shopping for my fridge from a person at the outlet store.

Find the item you want and look for the one with the biggest/most dents, (for the biggest discount).
Buy a one year extended warrantee, generally around $30.
Take the item home, install it and call the repair man.
They will come out and replace the dented part since the extended warrantee covers cosmetic damage - even if it was that way when you bought it!
Not only will you get a great discount, but repair of the appliance too!

Back