What's new

I was bored...

MartinH

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
so I just ordered D&D books for $128 from Amazon.com, now I just have to wait a month before they arrive :mad:

Items shipping soon:
arrow_subordinate.gif
Delivery estimate: August 3, 2006 - August 16, 2006
  • 1 of: Lost Empires of Faerûn (Dungeons & Dragons: Forgotten Realms, Campaign Supplement)
  • 1 of: Libris Mortis: The Book of Undead (D&D Supplement)
  • 1 of: City of Splendors: Waterdeep (Dungeons & Dragons: Forgotten Realms, Campaign Supplement)
  • 1 of: Player's Handbook II (D&D Supplement)
  • 1 of: Dragons: Worlds Afire (Forgotten Realms)

Thats a long time to wait :p

that's a pretty broad estimate too.

Well kinda,

4 of them are D&D setting/rule books and one is a Novel.

I don't actually play Dungeons and Dragons but I do play PC games that use those rules like Neverwinter Nights, Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale - and Neverwinter Nights 2 is going to be released soon.

Newk said:
that's a pretty broad estimate too.
I chose the slowest possible way, I could have it in a couple of days if I wanted to but it would be WAY much more expensive.

I'm not sure why it's SO slow though, but somehow it seems as if mail delivery is pretty slow in the US unless you pay a premium (a courier service opposed to mail).

More expensive and quicker - actually quite a lot more expensive.

Like this book - Player's Handbook II

US price $23.07
UK price £19.94

One £ is roughly $2.

Btw I have to pay 25% taxes on top of everything :(

Martin said:
Btw I have to pay 25% taxes on top of everything :(

That is pretty steep, is that because of where it came from or the type of material?

We have a 25% tax on everything here :)

[video]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VAT[/video]

I know .com has a lot more stock than .uk I just never really checked the price difference. I may order from .com if it's cheaper.

Well since you live in the UK it won't really be cheaper for you, because of the shipping cost, also you often have the option of no shipping cost at all.

the only prob is .co.uk's limited stock. I've seen things on .com and looked on the UK site and it's not there

Mike said:
I'm the poorest SOB in the Eison family, thank you

You are the black afro'd sheep of the family.

Back