What's new

Ideas to make extra money at home...

deeblondbuzz

SuperLifeCoach
PF Member
Reaction score
What do you guys do? I know we've talked about this years ago, but I'd like to see if all the ideas have changed.....

I could use some ideas.
I've got some stuff listed on amazon at the lowest price listed or lower, and still no bites. Not sure what else I could do for cash around here that is legitimate :9:
Thanks for asking!

I used to wrap a family's Christmas presents for a bit of cash. They were professional people who didn't like to wrap or make the time to do it. Their kids got a ton of stuff and it was pretty easy money.

I've been hitting the survey sites really hard lately whenever I have a few minutes to spare. I know it won't make anyone a fortune but one of the ones I like lets you redeem for Paypal every time you get 10.00. Once it goes into Paypal, I transfer it to my checking account. I was able to request 10 bucks on 11/3, on 11/5, on 11/6, and last night. I'm halfway to another request right now ... hoping to get enough by tomorrow.

So 50.00 in 11 days time? Not bad IMO. It's not exciting but I'll take it especially with the pinch of the holidays around the corner and DH finally having to get a new car since his more or less pooped out on us.

I've also gotten paper towels from them to "test" and then a 5.00 survey. They've sent me frozen entrees to "test" and then a 5.00 survey. They sent me paper towels again and another 5.00 survey. Just completed that one today. That kind of thing is always fun and who doesn't like free stuff AND getting paid to test it out?

I also do some of the other sites that pay out in Amazon and other gift cards. I know it's not money, money, like cold, hard cash, but if I can get my holiday gifts on Amazon and not have to use real money to pay for it, then that's fine by me.

None of this stuff will make you a fortune but I'm a firm believer that every little bit helps so if I can make 100 bucks a month when I'm home anyway, I'm not complaining.

ETA: PM me if you want the name of the site. I'm not sure how many non-members read this and didn't want to share the info with everyone on the net KWIM.

What company did you sign up for to test things? Thank you for all that information, I agree that every little bit helps!

I've been hitting the survey sites really hard lately whenever I have a few minutes to spare. I know it won't make anyone a fortune but one of the ones I like lets you redeem for Paypal every time you get 10.00. Once it goes into Paypal, I transfer it to my checking account. I was able to request 10 bucks on 11/3, on 11/5, on 11/6, and last night. I'm halfway to another request right now ... hoping to get enough by tomorrow.

So 50.00 in 11 days time? Not bad IMO. It's not exciting but I'll take it especially with the pinch of the holidays around the corner and DH finally having to get a new car since his more or less pooped out on us.

I've also gotten paper towels from them to "test" and then a 5.00 survey. They've sent me frozen entrees to "test" and then a 5.00 survey. They sent me paper towels again and another 5.00 survey. Just completed that one today. That kind of thing is always fun and who doesn't like free stuff AND getting paid to test it out?

I also do some of the other sites that pay out in Amazon and other gift cards. I know it's not money, money, like cold, hard cash, but if I can get my holiday gifts on Amazon and not have to use real money to pay for it, then that's fine by me.

None of this stuff will make you a fortune but I'm a firm believer that every little bit helps so if I can make 100 bucks a month when I'm home anyway, I'm not complaining.

Which site?

Could I be pm'd that also PLEASE!!

I sell my **** on the corner just down the street. Made tons for the Holidays last year!:giggles: Men on the down-low!

I sell my **** on the corner just down the street. Made tons for the Holidays last year!:giggles:

I bet you did you sexy thang!!! :sex:

oh I would love to know too!!!! please....

What about garage sale your stock pile? I did one today on this crappy snowy/rainy, freezing, sleet day, and made $759! :cartwheel:
Yippy skippy. I havent gone back to work since last september, so every little bit helps. Little guy is 9 months old, and I'm enjoying staying home
with him.

During family parties, I bring some boxes of stockpile, and the relatives buy them like mad too. About once a month, I bring a car or truckload to the girls from work and they go crazy for these cheap stockpile.
When I used to work at the hospital, I printed my stockpile, and the girls from work would fill it out and submit their order form to me.

Maybe list some on yahoo or craigslist? Or do a flea market type thing?

I could use some ideas.
I've got some stuff listed on amazon at the lowest price listed or lower, and still no bites. Not sure what else I could do for cash around here that is legitimate :9:
Thanks for asking!

What about garage sale your stock pile? I did one today on this crappy snowy/rainy, freezing, sleet day, and made $759! :cartwheel:
Yippy skippy. I havent gone back to work since last september, so every little bit helps. Little guy is 9 months old, and I'm enjoying staying home
with him.

During family parties, I bring some boxes of stockpile, and the relatives buy them like mad too. About once a month, I bring a car or truckload to the girls from work and they go crazy for these cheap stockpile.
When I used to work at the hospital, I printed my stockpile, and the girls from work would fill it out and submit their order form to me.

Maybe list some on yahoo or craigslist? Or do a flea market type thing?

I like the list thing, I might try that. Can I ask how you go about not allowing it turn into a "I knwo you got XYZ, can i get this or that" from close family and friends. I hide a lot of my stockpile for this reason from my family. They would suck me dry if they knew of the quality stuff I have for free/cheap

I just tell them my price vs regular price. If you think they'll talk you down, just quote a higher price and let them think you're giving them extra discount.

I make extra $$ by:

Selling on Ebay
Selling on Amazon
Selling my stockpile
Rebates
Occasional Surveys

I'm always hustling.

Back