What's new

If you write music...

Nate

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I want to hear from you!!!

I have a couple songs recorded just from a crappy mic in this macbook. I play guitar and bass on them. I wish I had a drum set to play too but I don't. The songs that are by "Stu and the Bailout P's" is my side project with my friends i met at school. Pretty cool stuff. Thought I'd share!

https://soundcloud.com/natelies

Sounds great, well done :eek:

I used to compose a couple of years ago, but it was mostly classical/jazzy stuff for flute and/or piano.
I didn't get chance to record any of it, but I featured some of my pieces in a couple of solo concerts I did.

I don't compose anymore, I haven't composed in a long time now.

I have thought about getting into sampling to make music. I generally display no interest towards learning an instrument but I do get urges to make something. Plus I'm really into Breaks and subsequent genres from it so hopefully I'll get round to it one day.

I have thought about getting into sampling to make music. I generally display no interest towards learning an instrument but I do get urges to make something. Plus I'm really into Breaks and subsequent genres from it so hopefully I'll get round to it one day.

I can only say you should learn to play something. Playing what you feel is by far the greatest feeling ever. Hearing something in your head and making it a reality. It is almost like a high.
[MENTION=109]Night[/MENTION], I like the video game sounding one! I used to play around with MIDI files like that but got more into recording.

I want to hear from you!!!

I have a couple songs recorded just from a crappy mic in this macbook. I play guitar and bass on them. I wish I had a drum set to play too but I don't. The songs that are by "Stu and the Bailout P's" is my side project with my friends i met at school. Pretty cool stuff. Thought I'd share!

https://soundcloud.com/natelies

You are musical sir! Amazing feeling and an obvious musical talent or gene. The guitars are very good.
You just need some techniqual practice and the drummer might need some practice as well.

The singer has a original voice but doesn't hit all the notes. Training, training and again training!

I make electronic music.
Feel free to check it out:
https://soundcloud.com/valleftw/grodprinsen

Just a word of advice for anybody out there that is looking to getting into music and making it with a computer, I would suggest buying or downloading Fruity Loops or Fl Studio. They are the same music making DAW, but they changed the name after a few years. It literally is the fastest way from your head to MP3 when it comes to making music. it is so easy to use. I started to use it at the age of 14, and quickly got the hang of it. I have been making music ever since, and I LOVE IT! :D

You are musical sir! Amazing feeling and an obvious musical talent or gene. The guitars are very good.
You just need some techniqual practice and the drummer might need some practice as well.

The singer has a original voice but doesn't hit all the notes. Training, training and again training!

I make electronic music.
Feel free to check it out:
https://soundcloud.com/valleftw/grodprinsen

We recorded in an apartment about the size of a closet, so the quality is not the greatest. Myself and the other guitarist were jazz guitarists for our school so that's where most of that groove comes from. I am more on the blues side now a days though. I'll have to post up songs from my main band as soon as they get mastered. We went to a studio to record a couple songs.

I'm not a huge fan of electronic songs but I can at least appreciate what you are doing, it is pretty awesome!!

Yes I do write music, sir. Composing is the only thing I ever got passionate about doing it. I do not write lyrics though, but just music. But unfortunately, I'm very uncapable of recording any of my works.

Your music sounds really good! I actually like the sound. :)

I record my songs with a professional producer in LA.
He mostly does the composing, I mostly do the vocals and the lyric writing and whatnot.

My soundcloud
I wrote the second song with a friend of mine, who came up with the melody and some of the lyrics. One of my other friends played the Spanish guitar in that song too.

But I don't compose. Nope.
I come up with some melodies on my ukulele. (I'm actually going back to California in a few weeks to record a song I am trying to write with the ukulele.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's some great recording quality. I'm jealous!! The piano sounds great. I especially like the second one, the spanish guitar is awesome...

Thanks! :)
The studio we recorded in was a nice one. It was an in-house studio, but there was plenty of high quality mics and the such.

Back