What's new

If your A/C is running alot.....

C

couponmom1234

you may want to check your furnance filter to see if it needs to be changed. DH just checked ours and it was dirt and we changed it less then a month ago.

Also check your condensor unit outside. If its clogged with dust and cotton wood, take the hose on power spray and get all that stuff out!

for those of us that have window ac check those filters to for they get dirty fast

HVAC guy told DH that it is acceptable to remove air filter during times of extreme heat like we are experiencing, because the air filter restricts air flow. But remember to replace it when temps. return to normal. DH has been outside with hose to cool off condensor unit. Keep drapes and blinds closed. Close the vents in those rooms that are not used, including basement and 2nd floor rooms. However, leave the doors open for circulation.

We changed ours about a week ago and it was filthy. DH changes it once every 6 months but now I'm starting to think we need to change it more often.

If your A/C is running alot..... it's F'in Hot out lol

HVAC guy told DH that it is acceptable to remove air filter during times of extreme heat like we are experiencing, because the air filter restricts air flow. But remember to replace it when temps. return to normal. DH has been outside with hose to cool off condensor unit. Keep drapes and blinds closed. Close the vents in those rooms that are not used, including basement and 2nd floor rooms. However, leave the doors open for circulation.
I close vents on main floor in summer, and open 2nd floor. Do opposite in winter. Otherwise my upstairs never cools off.

May want to check your filter to see if it needs to be changed again, I know our A/C has been working hard this past month and it did need to be changed again. Thank god the a/c is getting a break now and we are able to open the windows for fresh air.

We changed ours about a week ago and it was filthy. DH changes it once every 6 months but now I'm starting to think we need to change it more often.

Change? We clean ours. Some 409 and a rinse in the shower works well for ours. A few hours in the sun for drying and it's ready to go!
(I'm sure a water hose could be used but I like the higher water pressure of inside plumbing.)

Back