What's new

I'm new and in IL too!

onabudget

New Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of new faces from Illinois...:hiya:

I've been using coupons since 2007/08, then took a year off, just getting back in the swing of things and realize I have so much to learn. I've been around long enough to get some of it right, but i'm ready for more savings and a much better OOP, because as my screen name says I'm -onabuget or at least trying to be.

I'm a wife to my best friend and a mom, to two 20 something's, 1DS, 1DD. One is back home again and after a year of being empty nester's were adjusting back again. The other is out trying to make it on his own, so "shopping" mom's stock pile is a must. We also have a small group of animal creatures in the house, two dogs, two cats, two fish. With vet bills, food and sleeping in my bed... man's best friend really should be allowed as dependents. :giggles:

My stores close enough to shop are Kroger, Aldi, CVS, Walgreens and Cub.
Well, I'm here to learn..so I'm off to do some reading here on the board. Thanks for all you do....

Stacey

:wel: to CW!!!

onabudget is 'bout the cutest screen name I've seen! :hiphip:

:hiya:

14.gif

I am georgie. You will soon learn what my contribution is to the board. :giggles:

Thanks for the warm welcome all... I'm in Decatur.

Welcome!!! My in-laws live in Decatur. My one suggestion for you for getting back into couponing is to somehow get the Sunday Chicago Tribune coupons. My MIL's local Sunday paper never has half the Q's that we get up here.

Another "down state" couponer! I'm from Bloomington.

Welcome!!! My in-laws live in Decatur. My one suggestion for you for getting back into couponing is to somehow get the Sunday Chicago Tribune coupons. My MIL's local Sunday paper never has half the Q's that we get up here.

Don't get your Tribune yet! They've taken the coupon inserts out of the "downstate" papers. Supposedly coming back soon.

But I agree our local paper has crappy coupons compared to the Tribune!

Thanks to both of you for the info on the Tribune, it actually is the best choice for q's in downstate IL and at one time I had home delivery.

My first few weeks back were packed with q's, but for the past 3 week or so there have been no inserts in the tribune :pout:

I have found a clipper that has great delivery times and the rates are good. So far it's been cheaper for me to go this way then to buy papers. I can just get the q's I need and skip all that filler... and yes our local paper is all junk.

I've been reading here to learn how to roll those cat's... I think I'm in awww of some of you and your time and effort here.

Oh I wish I had a Jewel. :tumbleweed:

Back