What's new

Is granola good for you?

Tazznum1

Legend Of The Universe
PF Member
Reaction score
If so, is this a "healthy" granola recipe?

• 4 cups old-fashioned oats
  • 1 1/2 cup sliced almonds
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
Do you need the oil?

I eat granola a lot, is this for making it or what? I usually buy back to natures organic granola cereal :)

I was thinking about making it since I want to be a healthier fat ****. lol. Plus, I'm going to get the oatmeal for free, but I will buy the honey and nuts.

So it will more than likely cost either the same or more than a box would, but I want to try to cut down the fats/sugars if possible.

well you prolly do need oil to help hold it together, i would think.

Healthier fat ****? So kinda like my deciding to eat 4 cookies and then a huge salad for lunch?

Yeah I fell off the bandwagon, ate 4 freaking cookies. WTH is wrong with me?

Tazzy,

have you ever gone to a Trader Joes? They have great stuff and some really good granolas. There's one in Westfield.

Never been to one. I think I might have been to one in AZ. Have to check to see if there is another one closer.

Oh, I bet you'd love that store! They carry all kinds of good stuff, healthy and not so healthy (disguised as healthy). The also have an incredible assortment of dried fruits, nuts & grains. I go up to Westfield every 5 weeks or so and load up on my favorite stuff. They have some really good refrigerated and frozen stuff too, in the summer I keep a cooler packed with ice in the car anyway (usually with drinks) but I use it to transport perishable stuff from there too. Their flour tortillas are amazing!

Yeah, spread and bake.

I need to check TJ's out.

Tazznum1 said:
If so, is this a "healthy" granola recipe?

• 4 cups old-fashioned oats
  • 1 1/2 cup sliced almonds
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
Do you need the oil?
dont you eat granola cuz you want to poop?

No, I want to eat granola because I thought it was healthy and I actually like it.

Those two things don't happen often. And hey, poop is always good, right?

Tazznum1 said:
No, I want to eat granola because I thought it was healthy and I actually like it.

Those two things don't happen often. And hey, poop is always good, right?
god gave us the ability to poop
otherwise we'd implode

Never had to deal with an impacted colon yet huh?

Corganiacs said:
Tazz is misdirected.
Your colon is NOT your vagina.

There are so many dirty jokes I could say right now about being misdirected and colon and vagina. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

kzrainbow said:
Please elaborate, I got no idea what you could mean dear :20:.
so I just came out of the OR
The surgeon had a rectoscope up this womans ****
I felt bad for her
She was under so she didnt know anything

Tazz, have you tried to make this yet? Is it any good? Just wondering if it was worth my time to make it or not. It sounds good as a snack that is for sure.

Haven't done that yet. My coupons took well over a week to get here via priority. But I will be visiting S&S saturday and will make it then. I will use the overage to get the extra stuff that goes in it. Nuts, brown sugar etc.

How long do you bake it and at what temp? I may have to try this too. It sounds good. Thanks Taz. :D

Back