What's new

Is it Ping Pong or table tennis?

Is it table tennis or ping pong?

• Total voters
Serious players call it Table tennis while recreational players mostly call it Ping Pong. In China, it is still widely known as Ping Pong though Table tennis is the official name of the sports.

Completely agreed, I think you have just said it all.

I have always thought of it as ping pong. Table tennis table just doesn't sound correct versus ping pong table. Perhaps this is something based on location like water fountain vs. bubbler!

We call it Ping Pong where I am from. Is Ping Pong and table tennis even the same thing, or are there differences to them?

We call it Ping Pong where I am from. Is Ping Pong and table tennis even the same thing, or are there differences to them?

They are exactly the same thing, ping pong and table tennis are 2 different names for 1 sport.

I call it both honestly, as long as people know what I'm talking about regardless of what it's called it doesn't matter.

The race is on. Dead heat between the 2 Wikipedia says its the same, so our poll is right as well

The race is on. Dead heat between the 2 Wikipedia says its the same, so our poll is right as well

That's an interesting data, so what do you guys think? How should this sport be called in Olympics?

Ping Pong is probably the Asian term for table tennis. I believe that table tennis is the official name of the sport.

Ping Pong is probably the Asian term for table tennis. I believe that table tennis is the official name of the sport.

It's not only the Asian term, here in Argentina (South America) we call it Ping Pong too. I agree table tennis is the official name

Depends where your from. But for me its ping pong! :) I love ping pong.

I've always called it and heard it called ping pong. I grew up in the southern US. I always thought that mostly old people called it table tennis but maybe it is more of a geographical thing.

LOL you are right hahahaha
However, ping pong sounds a little bit childish like iArvee said.

Sounds just like Ting Tong

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R5oI3RGunk"]Little Britain - Ting Tong -6- Honeymoon - YouTube[/ame]

Back