What's new

ISO Science Fair Project ideas......PLEASE!

I do not do science.... that is my husbands deal. On our science projects, 1 kid gave us at least a months notice. My husband and my child built a jacobs ladder together. It was really cool, for 7th grade.

Our other child informed me at 4:30 pm that he would need a science project by the next morning. My husband used copper wire, a magnet or 2, a washer (nut/bolt type, not clothes) a styrofoam cup and a rubber band. They made the washer spin as they got closer to the magnet. Was pretty cool.

Hoping you find something to help your child and they enjoy even a bit.

Nothing to add except I feel your pain! I hate all science projects with a passion and have offered to pay my mom to do them w the kids. Its homework for the parents more than the kids!!!

So what grade do these start? Not looking forward to this!

So happy that our school district doesn't do science fairs!!! But DD9 (3rd grade) has just been given an animal report/project to do. But that's just research, writing a 5-10 paragraph paper, giving a speech and then making a diorama/poster/game/etc. And thankfully my DH likes doing that kinda stuff :)

Have you decided on anything mrsmom?

CW just isn't what it used to be. There should have been lots of drama by now. :snicker: I'm very disappointed in you folks.

I need something quick, easy and cheap.

Let's be clear.............I f'ing HATE these projects. DS is more than happy to not do it and take and F. :surrender:
I don't need parenting advice.............just project ideas..........thanx.

CW just isn't what it used to be. There should have been lots of drama by now. :snicker: I'm very disappointed in you folks.
Ok, this will be quick, easy, cheap & entertaining for the rest of us.

Why doesn't he do a study on how quickly Rebecca melts down & reaches for the Captain while she is struggling to do any of the previously suggested projects.

All he will need is a stop watch & digital camera to document her slide from calm to totally frustrated. Extra points if he hides her booze first so she has to search for it.

:lol:

You could do what I did in 8th grade:

Determine which works better, a store bought/fancy/actual incubator or a homemade incubator when hatching..........

CHICKENS!!!

My parents were out of their minds. There is no way in hell I would support my DD's decision to do that as a project. We had chickens in our (suburban) basement for weeks. :lol:

Ok, this will be quick, easy, cheap & entertaining for the rest of us.

Why doesn't he do a study on how quickly Rebecca melts down & reaches for the Captain while she is struggling to do any of the previously suggested projects.

All he will need is a stop watch & digital camera to document her slide from calm to totally frustrated. Extra points if he hides her booze first so she has to search for it.

:lol:

:slap: :fart:

I've narrowed it down to a few ideas to think about. I like the colored carnations, fake lung and the cleaning pennies with vinegar (halla) and a few others. Great ideas everyone thanks! :flowers:

Then there are the fun & messy projects, like the exploding volcano. I loved it, there was mud & 'lava' everywhere. :lol:

My neice just did an ice cube project. Does salt water melt faster than fresh water? Easy and cheap.

Colligative properties of solutions...I certainly hope she is not in high school as this is not project worthy for a high school student.

I need something quick, easy and cheap.

So far I've come up with "How much water is absorbed by dry beans"

http://www.sciencebuddies.org/scien...aWE6Rm9vZFNjaSxwOjEscmlkOjE0NjQ4MjAw&from=TSW

Let's be clear.............I f'ing HATE these projects. DS is more than happy to not do it and take and F. :surrender:
I don't need parenting advice.............just project ideas..........thanx.
She's very busy.

I think the bean thing is a good idea....and I so get the Science Fair thing....

Don't know who suggested it, but you can try the opposite of the melting salt/freshwater. Test which freezes faster. Use two plastic cups, two popsicle sticks(for stirring when checking to see if the water is frozen), salt and water. Even with a decent size cup, one should be totally frozen within about 4 hours. He can check every hour or so and record his observations.

Back