What's new

Jelly Belly Jelly Beans

Foru2ctoo

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Oh man. These jelly beans are so good! My favorites are buttered popcorn and rootbeer, but almost all of them are tasty. I've ordered their jelly beans in a variety pack before and once you find your favorite flavor; it's time for the the big bags.

I agree completely on the buttered popcorn, but have you tried jalapeno? YUMMMMY!!! And the pear and peach are also sensational, but how do they get all that flavor in such a little bean?

By far my favorite is watermelon! It even has red inside, just like a real watermelon! heh

------------------
In Hong Kong, he'd be dead.

buttered popcorn is king, and cappuchino makes my belly do flip-flops ... woo ...

------------------
"It's easier to stay out than get out"

I don't get it. I don't think Jelly Belly's are that great. They don't really taste anything like they're supposed to. I mean, the watermelon doesn't really taste like watermelon.

Maybe it's just because I swallow them whole without chewing them...
wink.gif

------------------
"Qualifications for being a Moderator at Anandtech...? I think that you have to be 17 or under, and the lobomoty has to be total. Partial lobomoty only gets you Elite Member status."

Serendipity is looking for a needle in a haystack and finding the farmer's daughter.

man, what's the point of swallowing them whole? you must chew on them for a while in order to get the full flavor experience ...

------------------

My favorite thing to do is to put about 20 beans into a blender with ice and milk. This works well with fruity flavors and also with cappuccino as well.

-bp
cyclops.gif

spidergoolash> Aren't you supposed to eat them that way?!?
wink.gif

j/k

------------------
"Qualifications for being a Moderator at Anandtech...? I think that you have to be 17 or under, and the lobomoty has to be total. Partial lobomoty only gets you Elite Member status."

Serendipity is looking for a needle in a haystack and finding the farmer's daughter.

oops ...

------------------

[Edited by spidergoolash @ May 03, 2000 (edited 1 time)]

Maybe I'll plant some in my backyard and grow a Jelly Belly tree. That way, I don't have to rely on free samples from the website. I can just go back there and pick them anytime I want to.
tongue.gif

------------------

Man, buttered popcorn is disgusting
tongue.gif

Jalapeno is awesome tho...My favs are lemon-lime and toasted marshmellow...mmm...jellybelly :0

Don't be baggin' on buttered popcorn. It's a great flavor and I'm not alone in my opinion.

I can't remember what Jalapeno tastes like, but the worst one I've tried is licorice. Lemon-lime and toasted marshmallow are good ones though.

Shame on those that rely on samples! Go buy a bag (or a box like I did). Then you can truly enjoy your favorite flavors.

One of these days I'm going to buy a 2.2 pound bag of buttered popcorn and see if I get sick of it. $14.95 per 2.2lb bag of your choice of flavor.

[Edited by Foru2ctoo @ May 04, 2000 (edited 1 time)]

I went to Costco and bought a cannister of the things, but they're gone already. They slide down the throat so easily when you don't chew, but they don't taste like much.
Man, I have to learn how to chew.
smile.gif

------------------

hell no, i don't rely on samples. i go to the store where they have the display and buy big, huge bags of them ... and ddan, you're killing me ... would you learn how to chew already? what's the matter w/you?

------------------
"it's easier to stay out than get out"

Sorry Foru2ctoo, but I'm going to side with HKnight... Buttered Popcorn Jelly Belly Jelly Beans are disgusting. <fiero 273 shudders>

Toasted Marshmellow and Cappuccino on the other hand... yummm.
supergrin.gif

Now, if you have a candy dish on your desk at work, make sure you fill 'er up with Jalapeno. Keep those vultures away for good!
lol.gif

------------------
"If your car is under control, you're too slow" - Parnelli Jones

Has anyone actually tried the recipies they put in those little booklets that show what flavor each Jelly Belly is?
Example: Mixing one Peanut Butter with one Grape Jelly gives you Peanut Butter and Jelly.

I really hope they didn't hire an advertising firm to come up with that.

------------------

I have tried. some of them actually do taste the way they are supposed to but others just aren't quite right.
smile.gif

------------------
Don't play leap frog with a unicorn

Sure... when you chew them.
tongue.gif

------------------
From another BBS:
"hmm... Cyrix III, huh? You can put syrup on sh*t, but that don't make it pancakes."

I did try those recipes, but they didn't taste like the way they were suppose to. Maybe I should of chewed them all at the same time instead of one by one.

I still stand proud with my buttered popcorn. The majority like it, although those few that don't disappoint me. I wasn't expecting a disgusting response.

OOhhh man... Buttered popcorn RULES ALL, but Jalapeno are pretty disgusting
blah.gif
and if you mix 'em in a blender like bilgepump said, they're REALLY good!

------------------
"Gecko-In-A-Can... It's mmmm-mmmm good!"

Back