What's new

JKidd hinting at playing for nets next season

deloxon

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Before Jason Kidd signs a contract this summer, the 38-year-old said he’ll consider retirement.

But if the future Hall of Famer feels there’s enough in the tank, a final stop with the Brooklyn Nets is still a possibility.

“You can’t rule that out. You have to see what happens,” said Kidd, who will become a free agent at the end of the season. “First I want to make sure I want to continue playing. But we’ll see what happens here in Dallas. I wouldn’t mind staying here in Dallas if that opportunity presents itself.

“But if Brooklyn presents itself, we’ll see.”

Kidd, in his 18th season in the NBA, has missed 10 games in this lockout-shortened season because of injury and fatigue. He’s averaging a career-low 5.1 points per game, but said he’s using the regular season as a rehearsal for the playoffs. “I feel good,” he said. “The thing is you’re judged on the playoffs.”

Although Kidd said he isn’t ready for retirement – “not right now” – it’s clearly on his mind.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/pagetwo.html

With the Nets and Mavericks set to square off in Dallas, Jason Kidd talked to Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News about his former team, his future, and the point guard he'll be facing tonight. Here are the highlights:

A free-agent-to-be, Kidd says he'd like to remain a Maverick, but conceded that signing with the Brooklyn Nets this summer is also a possibility: "You can’t rule that out.... But we’ll see what happens here in Dallas. I wouldn’t mind staying here in Dallas if that opportunity presents itself. But if Brooklyn presents itself, we’ll see."
While Kidd doesn't think he's ready for retirement yet, he'll consider that option before signing anywhere this offseason.
Kidd again praised Deron Williams and reiterated that he'd enjoy backing up Williams in the future: "I know he’ll play 40 minutes so I can give him an eight-minute break. Wherever he ends up – whether it’s in Brooklyn or Dallas – that franchise has a great point guard."

IIRC Kidd and the Nets had a messy breakup. If he's over it, he would be a great backup for Deron. Both have good size so it wouldn't be very surprising to see them on the court at the same time either.

No better pace for him to retire. I would be so happy if Kidd came back. With all the fake promises that the Nets gave him of Brooklyn while he was here and it never came it would be awesome for him to finish his career there.

Wow, that would be amazing if Kidd would return to the Nets. When he was in that team, that's when I first started liking him:D.

It would be nice to see Kidd back in a Nets uniform, who knows guess we will see!

It would be nice to see Kidd back in a Nets uniform, who knows guess we will see!

Jason Kidd working with Vince Carter again would be more like it! Sadly though, I don't think they'll ever reunite. Even if they did, they're old now.

Well, to Kidd's benefit, much of the reason he had a messy break up with the Nets (meaning Byron Scott among other people) isn't there anymore. Plus he's done good for their organization. He turned them from perennial losers to two time finalists.

Williams to the Mavs would be a good trade. Kidd is an all time great but he's not getting any younger.

Kidd is happy with his ring and just wants to finish out his career having fun and helping a team win games. I don't think he is concerned about a title team as much anymore.

The Nets are terrible though. Why would he want to go back? It will be interesting to see if Kidd can still make a bad team look good at this stage, like he did with Jefferson and Kenyon Martin.

The Nets are terrible though. Why would he want to go back? It will be interesting to see if Kidd can still make a bad team look good at this stage, like he did with Jefferson and Kenyon Martin.

You sort of just said why he'd want to go back right there. To prove he can make a crappy team great once again.

Personally, I think he can still do it.

You sort of just said why he'd want to go back right there. To prove he can make a crappy team great once again.

Jason Kidd did it before, and I believe that he still has a chance of doing it again. He was partly known for turning a crappy team into a finalist/semi finalist contender.

Jason Kidd did it before, and I believe that he still has a chance of doing it again. He was partly known for turning a crappy team into a finalist/semi finalist contender.

Truth be told, his time with the Nets are his biggest accomplishment outside of winning a title last year.

Well ok, I guess. I wonder if Kidd actually wants that challenge at that age. That's going to be a lot of running and gunning for a near-40-year-old and I'm here wondering if Kidd really feels like he's still spry enough. I'd say Kris Humphries will be a very interesting player to watch out for if he plays with Kidd.

There is no way he plays over Deron Williams and I doubt JKidd can bring that kind of intensity back he is almost 40 years old

What happens to DWill?

He gets benched, duh. Just kidding. I really don't know how they will be able to be on the same team together. Even if they are, I don't know how their play styles will fit in with each other. We will soon find out. It's not even for certain that Kidd is going back to Nets anyways.

Kidd back to the Nets? With Dwight Howard possibly be signing to the Nets next season along with D-Will, this could be another blockbuster team that we should see.

At the Nets he first became a success so what better place to end your career than the place you had your biggest success.

Back